Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG vs Jacobs film study - Why GGG beat Jacobs (easily)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
    Nonsense, I score rounds based on effective aggression, ring generalship and who's dictating the action more effectively. It was a close fight that could have gone either way but I myself a big GGG fan had it 1 round to Jacobs. All greats have had close fights, GGG got the nod and he moves on to bigger things now.
    you dont score on punches?

Comment

for the record this wasn't an easy fight for anyone by any stretch of the imagination. Golovkin won, but he had to fight hard to win a 12 round close decision.

Comment

I've only seen fight once and my first instincts was 3 g won comfortably. In fact quite easy.
        But for GGG standards it was a hard fight. It was competitive in that GGG had to work hard to win comfortable decsion.
        The judges flatter Jacobs, but have given gggs critics excuse to whine.
        Gggg shows class he hasn't uttered a sound since unlike ward. Wards behaviour made me feel award didn't think he beat kov. Gggs behaviour makes me think GGG knows he beat Jacobs comfortably which he did, so nothing for gggto explain
        Last edited by hugh grant; 03-23-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

not watched the video but its clear ggg won in real time. jacobs took the rounds after the knockdown when ggg started headhunting which made the fighter closer than it should be. when ggg used his underrated boxing skills, he was quite superior.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            you dont score on punches?
            I was watching Pirog vs Jacobs last week and all the commentary team including the great emmanuel steward and myself gave Pirog a round where he landed at least 5 less punches. You dont need to land more to win a round, this isnt amateur boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              not watched the video but its clear ggg won in real time. jacobs took the rounds after the knockdown when ggg started headhunting which made the fighter closer than it should be. when ggg used his underrated boxing skills, he was quite superior.
              What were the rounds GGG won without question?

Comment

Working...
              X