WBC Threatening to Expel Anyone Involved in Haye-Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC Threatening to Expel Anyone Involved in Haye-Chisora

David Haye & Dereck Chisora could be expelled by WBC

The World Boxing Council (WBC) says it will expel any person or organisation involved with the proposed fight between David Haye and Dereck Chisora.
    The British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) has already threatened to remove licences from anyone involved, including manager Frank Warren.

"We will not condone such disgraceful behaviour [from Chisora]," said WBC president Jose Sulaiman.
    "This boxer has no idea of what good behaviour is."

The WBC is one of boxing's most prominent governing bodies and sanctioned the fight between Chisora and WBC title-holder Vitali Klitschko in Munich in February.

The WBC suspended Chisora indefinitely for his behaviour before and after the contest - the 28-year-old was involved in a brawl with fellow Briton Haye at the post-fight news conference, having slapped Klitschko at the weigh-in and spat water at his brother Wladimir before the bout.
    The BBBofC refuses to sanction the fight because neither Haye or Chisora holds a British boxing licence.

Chisora's was withdrawn after his actions in Munich, although he has appealed against the decision, while Haye opted not to renew his licence having announced his retirement in October 2011.

"Anyone who participates will be deemed to have terminated their membership," a BBBofC statement read last week.
    Chisora's manager Warren, has challenged the Board's stance, insisting there is nothing illegal about the fight being licensed by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation rather than the BBBofC.
    Warren says that no BBBofC rules will be broken because the Luxembourg Boxing Federation is an affiliated member of the European Boxing Union and recognised by its British counterparts.

However, the letter from Sulaiman to the BBBofC added: "We will expel Luxembourg from our organisation if the commission went ahead, as well as any person or institution that has relations with them.
    "I am sure the European Boxing Union is on the verge of [taking] a strong position against Luxembourg.

"I am also furious with the promoter [Warren is not strictly promoting the fight, German company Sauerland is] who is trying to blast the ethics, honesty and seriousness of the sport of boxing."

- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18116803

Yep that's right, "We Be Crooks" are taking the moral high ground!

Sure thing Jose, and I guess allowing Margarito to fight for your title after his behaviour was fine right?

Comment

Oh my life.

The boxing world full of women these days it seems.

Comment

Its actually like this is the first time two boxers have brawled at a press conference in history!

Comment

Oh my days...

Worse things have happened out of the ring. Didn't Don Jose get involved in a brawl a few years back at a press conference?

Comment

Come on guy's, Sulaiman is just doing what he always does and looking our fot the best interest of the sport......

Really though, a corrupt mofo like him talking about ethics and honesty, you couldn't make it up.

Comment

So much drama

Hey any of the big US networks picking up this fight? I actually wanna see it now.

Comment

the wbc is ******ed anyway lol jesus

this is the best heavyweight fight IN YEARS and they don't want to allow it? ****ing cry babies seriously

Comment

For f***'s sake, come on!

Tyson biting a chunk of ear off and threatening to rape people or eat their children? Cool. Spitting water in a guy's face, slapping someone, and getting sucker punched? MY GOD, THAT'S EVIL.

Comment

This is one fight I'm actually looking forward to. If these mofos were serious about boxing they'd have sorted out the Martinez Chavez Jr issue. Two faced *******.

Comment

Working...
                    X