Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lennox Lewis The Greatest HW Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
    Are you serious?! What, are you 10 years old?! Lennox Lewis is not even in the top 10! Hell, I rate Mike Tyson ahead of him! A fighter whose last name is pronounced the same but spelled differently is the greatest heavyweight of all time. Born Joseph Louis Barrow, he became better known as Joe Louis.
    now whats the logic in u thinking tyson is better?

tyson is the most overrared heavy weight champ of all time and lewis would have beat him during any part of his carear

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun View Post
      no because most of the big names he beat where past there best i think he is top 10 though.
      i agree lewis top 10 maybe top 5

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
        Lennox Lewis is not even in the top 10! Hell, I rate Mike Tyson ahead of him!
        lol.

Mike Tyson is a joke. However you're right probably not top 10, just outside.

Comment

MickeyB - Lewis was not in his prime when cut down against Rahman he was a few years past it and never trained for the fight. Yet he still was able to prove it was a big fluke in the rematch and dispatched him in better style than Rahman had to him.

Lennox Lewis is the 3rd greatest of all time IMO on achievments only. In head to heads though I think he had everything to come out on top in a best of 3 against most if not all the other champions.

There is an argument there for asking this question and for me there are 4 heavyweights that stand out ahead of all the rest and all 4 were great boxers, fast and powerful. I'd have Louis and Lewis as the top 2 and Ali and Holmes as the next best. All 4 of these could have beaten every other heavyweight in history.

Comment

Lewis was not the greatest of alltime. A good fighter, with a good record, but:

1/ 2 resounding KO losses to no bodies when he was still in the pinnacle of his career are too much.

2/ Chin was too suspect.

Ali would destroy him, a total shut out with superior speed, ring generalship, jab, heart and chin. A peak Tyson and Foreman would bang him out of there in a few rounds.

top 10, yes, top 5-probably not, top ever: hum of my balls!

Comment

Ali nearly got KOed by Henry Cooper, floored by Wepner, and had a few questionable decisions, multiple losses plus a complete spanking in his later years.

talk about rose tinted spectacles. Ali was a phenomenal boxer but Lewis would have given him the fight of his life.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by blacksky View Post
                  Ali nearly got KOed by Henry Cooper, floored by Wepner, and had a few questionable decisions, multiple losses plus a complete spanking in his later years.

talk about rose tinted spectacles. Ali was a phenomenal boxer but Lewis would have given him the fight of his life.
                  haha, he NEARLY got koed by cooper, but he still won, he got floored by wepner, but he still won. Lewis got KTFO by complete nobodies, he LOST. I still rate lewis pretty high, top 15 for sure, but comparing him to ali? Ali is #1 or #2 on almost everybodies top ten list.

Comment

Originally posted by angelo_dundee View Post
                    Lewis was not the greatest of alltime. A good fighter, with a good record, but:

1/ 2 resounding KO losses to no bodies when he was still in the pinnacle of his career are too much.

2/ Chin was too suspect.

Ali would destroy him, a total shut out with superior speed, ring generalship, jab, heart and chin. A peak Tyson and Foreman would bang him out of there in a few rounds.

top 10, yes, top 5-probably not, top ever: hum of my balls!
                    OH yeah a peak tyson

he would have banged a prime lewis in a few rounds lol

Comment

Originally posted by tills9191 View Post
                      Then why is it that when ever there's a poll on here, every body seems to say that lennox will beat just about everybody.
                      I did a poll not too long ago as to who would win between lennox and Ali , and most people voted for Lewis.
                      And they favour Lewis over most heavyweights because of his size.
                      I'm guessing that's because of the narrower perspective of their youth. He might have been the dominant HW during their formative years. Astute observers of the game and those above, say, 35 years of age would have a much broader perspective, encompassing fighters of an earlier era.

Kids tend to reason as though time began when they were born. "All-time" to them means their time, or no earlier than the modern era.
                      Last edited by Panamaniac; 01-08-2008, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X