No announcement yet.

Antonio Tarver's Claim to fame.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
    Tarver has some good wins but his win over Jones (Because of how untouchable he was) made his other wins look not so special.

And i also tink he ride the RJJ win too much, Like his whole life was based around one fight. He has other great win that he or the media doesnt pay much attention to.
    rocky balboa?

that **** was fixed.

i think prime stallone khtfo.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      He pretty much has Roy Jones' resume except Toney, Hopkins, and Ruiz. He also has 2 wins over Jones and 1 win over Johnson...He also beat most of them in less spectacular fashion then Jones obviously, but still.
      How you think Tarver does against the Virgil Hill that Roy fought? That would be a pretty close fight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
        How you think Tarver does against the Virgil Hill that Roy fought? That would be a pretty close fight IMO.
        virgil hill wins.

Comment

Im saying that's where his legacy was built because that's when he got his notice,Also in part to how he rode and still rides the **** out of it.
          Im not saying it's where it ended.
          He deserves credit for some of his other wins no doubt but not Roy Jones Jr IMO.

Comment

I think Tarver is a very good fighter with a solid resume.

Comment

That too. I'm not saying he's Roy Jones, but he's pretty underrated on here in terms of what he has accomplished.

Comment

That is harsh on Tarver IMO. He is better than that. He has several other very solid names on his resume in addition to Roy.
                Tarver was beaten by every elite LHW in his era:

Roy, Bernard, Chad and Glen.

* assuming, of course, that Glen is "elite".

Comment

Working...
                X