No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin Battle To a Split Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
    Triple Flop got a boxing lesson. Lmao. Phuck off my site! Be happy that bum got a draw.

Canelo is the new TBE
    These Golovtards know GGG lost. Gennady was happy with the draw but Canelo was upset, what does that tell the public?

Comment

• Golovkin just got robbed like a *****.

18-10? LMAOOO Who's got their hands in the judges pocket?

Canelo was on the retreat for most of the fight while GGG kept coming forward.

Las Vegas is the most dodgiest place on the planet.

Comment

• Lmao ggg aint a great fighter at all....

Comment

• Originally posted by Basco View Post
          That will put Canelo right about the same status since they just fought to a draw!
          the fact that the "bum" Canelo just went 12, didn't get dropped, hurt, or in trouble at any point, a guy Floyd blanked, should put some context to the GGG overhype

Comment

• I thought Canelo was sharper and landed the cleaner punches using up less stamina. Triple G had to work 3 times as hard this fight just to even catch up with Canelo to hit him. Triple G for some reason threw mostly straights and jabs. The hooks did not come for awhile and very rarely. Canelo was dodging and turning his head on 70-80% of those straights. Canelo out countered him all night. Accurate punches, fast and hard counters. He didnt even need to throw half the amount of punches to beat Triple G. Triple G threw punches out of urgency after the first few rds. But alot of those punches were not even power shots. They were mostly punches from the shoulder and land lightly with more of a range finding purpose. I can understand why someone with heavy hands throws those punches, but they didnt even phase Canelo for one second. Totally inefficient work rate. Canelo hit GGG with punches that would eventually knock him out if he kept hitting him. But GGG is world class, its not easy to keep hitting him. Canelo couldve pushed back and exchanged more but why would you do that against someone like GGG lol. I thought Canelo fought smart and really showed GGG what its like to fight someone who can move and also punch back hard. GGG has never fought anyone at Canelo's level before. And its not his fault, but I think if he had fought better competition in the past he mightve did alot better and land alot more meaningful punches in this fight instead of those pitty pat range finders. All in All though it was a great fight I'd love to see again. Well done to both guys.

Also, you know why triple G landed so many jabs which in turn seemed like he landed alot of punches, aside from the fact that he's a great jabber. Because Canelo's not worried about those jabs, its the big right hand he's worried about. Which usually comes after his jab, and how many straights did GGG miss tonight? I really think both guys are great but GGG missed way too many punches tonight. Those misses were countered more than enough times. In fact I think 80-90% of Canelo's punches tonight were counters. He got seriously outboxed at many parts of the fight. Just think really quick, Can anyone really remember more than 1-2 Big Punches GGG landed? Can you remember more than 1-2 that Canelo landed? His pressure wasn't even effective. At no point in the fight during the 20x Canelo was sitting on the ropes did I feel GGG pressed him. He was calm and countered him relentlessly. GGG has a great chin nevertheless he got Outboxed.
            Last edited by SpeedForce; 09-16-2017, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• Saw the fight on a slow mo stream. Ggg missed alot of punches but he was forward the whole fight. Canelo countered but not throwing more punches than he should. Will have to watch again but initial reaction is a draw is fair.

Comment

• GGG won 8-4 or 7-5. We all know who won this fight.

Comment

• who is the judge who gave 118-110. I smell something fishy. Same thing happened with Lara and Mayweather. Seems to beat Canelo in LasVegas you need to KO him

Comment

• Why are people acting like this was a robbery? Golovkin applied pressure, and Canelo was landing decent shots while Golovkin shelled up.

A draw seems like the perfect decision.

Neither guy was beat up or hurt.

Comment

• GGG got robbed.

Anyone got the punch stats?

Comment

Working...
                      X