No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 7 Day Weight: Gennady Golovkin - 164.4-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uniquehump View Post
    Oh, you already answered it. I said the same thing. With the IBF rule, they can dehydrate only so much weight, right? If so, I wonder how much? Seems like it's 10% of their weight the day before the fight. I don't remember.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...d-title-fights

Same day weigh in is no longer needed for unification fights or fights that include multiple titles.

Only fights that have the IBF title alone does the same day weigh in apply still.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
      http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/20419842/international-boxing-federation-drops-same-day-weight-checks-unified-title-fights
      I've been wrong all throughout this thread. Didn't realize or may of forgot about this new rule. I didn't read the article, but this had to had happened after the Jacob vs. GGG fight, because remember that being a big issue because he decided at the last moment not to fight for that title.

Comment

I've been wrong all throughout this thread. Didn't realize or may of forgot about this new rule. I didn't read the article, but this had to had happened after the Jacob vs. GGG fight, because remember that being a big issue because he decided at the last moment not to fight for that title.

Yeah, the IBF made this change before the Crawford-Indongo fight.

Comment

I think he has to do same day weigh-in though because he is fighting for the IBF. (I think).
          Oh, you already answered it. I said the same thing. With the IBF rule, they can dehydrate only so much weight, right? If so, I wonder how much? Seems like it's 10% of their weight the day before the fight. I don't remember.
          Well they would still be fighting for the IBF so you are still right, both can't rehydrate more than 10% after weighing in at 160.... so 176 ish on fight night. So doesn't matter how big either fight plans to come in at they can't be more than 4 pounds bigger than each other by the time they get in the ring. Another thing is the bigger you are the slower you would be.

Comment

GGG must be having a heck of a camp. Looking in shape, barely anything to remove in the next 7 days...as lon gas he gets his tactics right and he doesn't age overnight, I just can't see him losing to Canelo on a skills or power basis. Impossible.

Obviously the judges are an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
              http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/20419842/international-boxing-federation-drops-same-day-weight-checks-unified-title-fights

Same day weigh in is no longer needed for unification fights or fights that include multiple titles.

Only fights that have the IBF title alone does the same day weigh in apply still.
              Damn Golovkin crying over weight and they changed the rule for him. What a ****ing *****.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                That Canelo doesn't need to weigh in tells me he's thought this out. If he comes in as large as I think he does come fight night, G's going to have to put in some work.
                No, Canelo will have to work twice as hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
                  lil g string is going to get KO'd just like Kovalev
                  LOL!! Lil G Haven't you got a little more creativity? Red Diva is going to get BLASTED out. Then maybe you will go away.

Comment

Canelo 7 day weigh-in for Cotto fight 160.2
                    b-bu-but Canelo 180 lbs lightheavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                      Both fighters will have an easy time making weight. 2 prime fighters ready for a war. Canelo is about to give a boxing lesson to this limited brawler
                      You sound like a ******. GGG is one of the most fundamentally sound fighters on the planet. His jab will keep the Diva at bay all night. Canelo will gas as his cardio sucks and GGG will dominate. I'll give Gassed-Nelo the few rounds. After that he will be back pedaling the whole night.

Comment

Working...
                      X