Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riddick Bowe or Vitali Klitschko. Who ranks higher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Liston was never fast and if anyone threw little in stop and go motion it was him ,you are also using 64/65 liston and obviously one of those fights he was not wanting to win...I don't see where Liston gives Ali more trouble.

The only time ive seen Peter lose to an Ali type fighter was Chambers, but he was also nearly 270 pounds not his 240 fight weight. And I still think he won that fight.
    I think Liston was still faster at that point than Peter and he was more accurate and technical as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pugilist_Spec View Post
      I think Liston was still faster at that point than Peter and he was more accurate and technical as well.
      Objectively this is flat out not true.

Liston is slower and more abysmally slower than Peter despite vbeing much smaller and weaker.

This is shown by the Peter video. There are no footage of Liston displaying close to the same abilities.

And if you thought Ali's opponents looked bummy and weAK Compared to Peter's, wait until you see LISTONS opponents!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pugilist_Spec View Post
        Not landing anything is obviously an exaggeration. Barely landing anything is more like it. Look at Ali vs Liston. How much did Liston land? Ali that night was the most elusive heavyweight of all time.

Even if he hit Ali he wouldn't really hurt him badly. Dangerous night? No.

The scoring for the Liston/Ali fight was..

58/57 Clay
        57/57 Draw
        58/57 Liston

You can reference this anywhere.

Liston hit Ali at will as soon as he was in range.

Ali could run, he never had ANY reflexes to speak of!

Chuvalo, Mildenberger, Jones, Liston, Cooper- all of these guys managed to paste Ali. A small selection of some of the bummiest opponents ever to lace them up for a title fight.

These are guys that PEter would never be ALLOWED to KO!

You rattled off some of Peter's opponents like they were chumps. They might have been considered questionable opponents by 00 standards!

But coompared with Ali era opponents they would be punching their way straight to the top!

How do you know that Ali could have beaten Julius Long? For real? I doubt it but I do know that if Ali won, Long would be one of the best opponents he ever faced and would have utterly wasted ANY of his 60's opponents.

Julius Long...

http://www.thetitlefight.com/wp-cont...132262929.jpeg

Even by his physical parameters alone it' clear that nobody from the 60's would ever want to fight him, they are not even real HW's as we describe them today.

Samuel Peter's average opponent > Ali and his signature 60's opponents.

Facts

Comment

• Vitali Klitschko

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
          Vitali 45-2 41KOs

Riddick Bowe 43-1 33 KOs

Big heavyweights, thin resumes, hardly any losses. Who ranks higher all time?
          Bowe SHOULD OF BEEN a greater champ than even JOE LOUIS! But, somewhere their was a *short circut.
          Your voters here have a range from Joe Blow ("Bringer" & his crew) to expert I'm sure! So Who Knows Who be casting VOTES on this. What's it mean??

Comment

• Haaaaaaaaaa

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post

58/57 Clay
            57/57 Draw
            58/57 Liston

Chuvalo, Mildenberger, Jones, Liston, Cooper- all of these guys managed to paste Ali. A small selection of some of the bummiest opponents ever to lace them up for a title fight.

You rattled off some of Peter's opponents like they were chumps. They might have been considered questionable opponents by 00 standards!

But coompared with Ali era opponents they would be punching their way straight to the top!

How do you know that Ali could have beaten Julius Long? For real? I doubt it but I do know that if Ali won, Long would be one of the best opponents he ever faced and would have utterly wasted ANY of his 60's opponents.

Julius Long...

Even by his physical parameters alone it' clear that nobody from the 60's would ever want to fight him, they are not even real HW's as we describe them today.

Facts
            Guy, Julius Long was a fighter at medium. YOU REALLY BELIEVE ALL YOU ARE SAYING DON'T YOU! : ) believe me, you are fooling yourself!
            By RECORD, if they could of fought, I'd take WEPNER OVER HIM! You believe that Julius Long does NOT LOSE to GEORGE CHUVALO? And you think JERRY QUARRY -&- JIMMY ELLIS EACH WOULD LOSE AGAINST HIM?!
            : ) He'a whup on GEORGE FOREMAN TOO, RIGHT. Of course he'd beat FRAZIER EASILY! : )

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
              Vitali 45-2 41KOs

Riddick Bowe 43-1 33 KOs

Big heavyweights, thin resumes, hardly any losses. Who ranks higher all time?
              It's close but Bowe stopped a prime Holyfield which is better than anything on Vitali's resume by a landslide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post

58/57 Clay
                57/57 Draw
                58/57 Liston

Julius Long...

Facts
                Are you fking kidding me?! If Ali had absolutley one thing it was at least reflexes!!

https://youtu.be/GKhWqGNep-s?t=47

Regardless if it's highlights or not it still happened!

What has this world come to?

Comment

• bowe's love for food jacked him.

in spite of that, he's still the better heavyweight, for me.

put a 1994 bowe in with a 2008 Vitali-i'm rooting for bowe.

Comment

• Klitschko is the better technical boxer .. I think Vital has enough power to keep bowe honest and get the KO if bowe doesn't his power and tries to bull his way inside.

Comment

• Bowe is a proud, proud, proud, proud man who fought all comers, missing only Lewis, Tyson, Mercer, Morrison, Bruno, Ruddock, Botha and a few others from his era.

After retirement he became a chicken magnet of New York. The man's chicken shack is a big draw for the city.

Comment

Working...
                      X