Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was This A Fast Count?

Seems faster than the avg ref count

Comment

Seriously, they've got to come up with clear, consistent rules so if guy gets up at nine he's either counted out/ allowed to continue.

It would let fighters know how long they have if they want to take all the time or let guys who want to quit do that too.

It's hard to tell if that count was fast because the knockdown looked like it happened before the clip started, should be easy to tell if you see the whole thing.

Comment

I thought that count was way, way too fast. That ref is incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          I thought that count was way, way too fast. That ref is incompetent.
          he would be reffing ward or floyds next figth if they still fought.

Comment

After 8.5 seconds in the video he is at 9.

Comment

Extremely fast

Comment

He definitely made the count, but it was the way he slumped on the referee when he got up that probably decided it for the ref. I don't think he would have made it out of the round if he was allowed to continue anyway.

Comment

1, 2 skip a few, motha*ckas

Comment

Referees count by signaling with their fingers to the down opponent, I noticed that Corrales was not making eye contact with the official ; perhaps Mark Nelson felt that was a bad sign and decided to wave the fight off for concerns for Jezreel's safety.

Another mistake Nelson made was during the seventh round in which he missed a knockdown that Machado should of been credited. This as you can see happened in front of him -- but the speed of Featherweights could be a challenge for senior citizens to keep up with another reason why I hate old people in the ring.

Anyways little sympathy from me given how unprofessional Jezreel Corrales was before the fight missing weight and during the fight with his deliberate holding, that should also cost him a point -- another mistake there by Mark Nelson.
                    Last edited by 1hourRun; 10-23-2017, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X