Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the hell is Sor Rungvisai not P4P number 1 after beating the no.1 guy twice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he shouldnt be number 1 but i wouldnt be mad if ppl had him top 10.. he beat up alot of bums with losing records and guys making their pro debut lol. He needs to fight real competition now

Comment

Nobody with a normal brain saw Gonzalez like the #1.

Sor Rungvisai is top-10 actually...

Comment

Am sure he would be moving up now.

Comment

sor runvgavasai (However the **** its spelt) doesnt have the depth of resume to be p4p number 1 imo. saying that, i imagine if charlo came along and knocked out golovkin, or davis knocked out lomachenko there would be people sticking them at top of p4p list. theres certainly double standards on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
            Rungvisai did what Ward did almost exactly: beat a P4P beast twice, once with a contentious decision (I thought Kovalev won and Gonzalez lost) and once with a stoppage.

Kov got robbed vs Ward in the first fight and basically quit in the second.

Rungvisai beat Gonzalez close in the first and obliterated him in the second with a KO of the year candidate with NO controversy.

How is Rungvisai not getting any P4P no.1 love when Ward did for doing with Rung did except in a less empthatic manner?
            U can put him there if u want. P4p list is subjective. I have him #19 on my top 25.

Comment

Eh. Top 4 or 5 are probably interchangeable.

Fans obsession with crowning a P4P #1 is pretty fruitless - it's interesting to a point, but..meh.

Comment

Vernon Forrest beat #1 P4P ranked Shane Mosley twice in a row and did not become #1.

Mayorga beat Forrest twice in a row right after Mosley vs Forrest and did not even enter the top 10 P4P ranks.

Comment

A loss for a p4p fighter is more akin to mean a fighter has slipped rather than meaning his opponent was really that good all along. Although a win against p4p fighter can boost someone to p4p status much faster, they still would have to dominant other fights too. If Rung can do keep doing that, I'm sure he'll be consensus p4p.

Comment

Kovalev (2x)
                    Froch
                    Kessler
                    Barrera
                    Dawson
                    Abraham

Gonzalez (2x)

That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
                      Rungvisai did what Ward did almost exactly: beat a P4P beast twice, once with a contentious decision (I thought Kovalev won and Gonzalez lost) and once with a stoppage.

Kov got robbed vs Ward in the first fight and basically quit in the second.

Rungvisai beat Gonzalez close in the first and obliterated him in the second with a KO of the year candidate with NO controversy.

How is Rungvisai not getting any P4P no.1 love when Ward did for doing with Rung did except in a less empthatic manner?
                      Check out my p4p threads, its basically a record of how I make p4p lists.

Anyway, Crawford is my guy at the moment and Rungvisai doens't make it into the top 10 just yet, with Roman dropping out. Usyk moves in at 10.

If Rung beats Estrada then yes, guaranteed top 10 p4p but for now, his 2 wins over a legend aren't good enough because his resume is thin and we don't know how good he'd be against someone more in their prime.

Or maybe I just messed up my list lol I wouldnt argue too much with anyone having Rungvisai in theres.

Comment

Working...
                      X