No announcement yet.

The skin on my knuckles is ripping off especially the pinky knuckle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The skin on my knuckles is ripping off especially the pinky knuckle

Guys what do you think is the cause of my problem?

The skin on my knuckles is ripping off especially the pinky knuckle and it really disturbs me cause every punch I make is painful

You're not wrapping your wraps good. Simple cause.

Comment

Oh I see. the way I wrap my hands is like a foam is placed on my knuckle area because my handwraps are long. is that ok? doesnt that give more knuckle support?

Comment

Originally posted by andalusian81 View Post
        Oh I see. the way I wrap my hands is like a foam is placed on my knuckle area because my handwraps are long. is that ok? doesnt that give more knuckle support?
        Maybe the foam is sliding, reason why it's messing up your skill.

Comment

How can i stop it from sliding dude? and my trainer also said that maybe its because of my punching style he said I tend to slide my punch after the impact so that causes the tearing. is that possible?

Comment

Guys what do you think is the cause of my problem?

The skin on my knuckles is ripping off especially the pinky knuckle and it really disturbs me cause every punch I make is painful
            thats normal for everyone who joins right away.

I didnt put that wrap over my knuckles for a few days (since it was the wrap tearing my skin) untill it healed..

now my hands hold up fine.

Comment

How can i stop it from sliding dude? and my trainer also said that maybe its because of my punching style he said I tend to slide my punch after the impact so that causes the tearing. is that possible?
              Do a sliding punch on the carpet and see if it happens. It most likely will. Just have to learn to do it differently.

Comment

Yeah mine too. thats what happened to me. I had a break when I first suffered this wound and then when I fully recovered and went back to training only 3 sessions and it went back to ripping off again. help pls

Comment

you can try putting adhesive/athletic tape directly over the knuckles first, then wrap your hands with handwraps.

Comment

Is that the same as a knuckle plaster? the one like a white tape?

Comment

Working...
                    X