Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes 'Fighters dont fight for golden gloves or glory,it's all about money'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If fighters only fought for money then Lewis would have had a rematch with Vitali and made his biggest pay-day ever. Lewis wanted to keep his legacy intact because he knows the first fight with Vitali was hard and the rematch against someone like Vitali wouldn't get any easier. Lennox Lewis cared about his legacy!

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
      If fighters only fought for money then Lewis would have had a rematch with Vitali and made his biggest pay-day ever. Lewis wanted to keep his legacy intact because he knows the first fight with Vitali was hard and the rematch against someone like Vitali wouldn't get any easier. Lennox Lewis cared about his legacy!
      yeah he def cared about his legacy, he mentioned it a lot!!!

But, if Lennox only had 1M in the bank or less, u think he would've turned that down? I don't. Lennox had his legacy, AND a very healthy bank account after the Tyson fight. Its easier to turn that down when you're already richer than u could have possibly have dreamed.

Comment

what a way to generalize for holmes. i dislike lennox. but how can he explain it. if lennox wanted the money he can just agree to fight klits, but he knew vitali had the chance to beat him.

how about the pbf-dlh 2? why did not it happen if both fighters think only about money.

this articles just shows how narrow minded holmes is.

Comment

I don't agree with Larry Holmes. Ali and a lot of other boxers could have retired and not risked their health with a lot of money in the bank. How much money do you think Ali would spend to have the health of a normal person?

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
            I don't agree with Larry Holmes. Ali and a lot of other boxers could have retired and not risked their health with a lot of money in the bank. How much money do you think Ali would spend to have the health of a normal person?

Everyone would like to make more money if given the chance, But its up to an individual to think about why he wants more of it and if the risk=the reward..

Comment

I don't think they fight just for money. Sure a very small percent of fighters make good money. But many don't make any at all or just fight amateur for the love of the sport. Why did some one Like Ali not just take a knee and stay down in the Holmes fight?
              Last edited by Holtol; 04-17-2010, 06:55 AM.

Comment

its a bit of both,every fighter is different

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  People act like these guys arent human or that they have a set salary like there in the NBA, NFL, or something. These guys have to get money why they can, espically in a business like boxing where you put your life and health on the line, literaly. All I would do is go for the biggest pay day also but most times the biggest pay days are for the biggest fights so it all works out most time
                  seriously, like any other sport. boxing is a business first.

Comment

Working...
                  X