No announcement yet.

Chocolatito was always overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    What does mental weakness have to do with anything? Roman got caught with a perfect right hook and went down like a sack of potatoes.

No amount of mental strength would have kept him up from that shot. The fact that he even got up from the first one shows he has mental strength.
    He was beat before he got in the ring. When he stopped the action in the first rd to complain of an accidental headbutt and stopped the action in the 2nd rd to complain of a borderline low blow he was already looking for the ref to save him.

Comment

A little off the thread topic but...I wouldn't argue with people who don't agree with him being p4p#1, but the guy wasn't, is now, or ever was, average, like some threads today are trying to make out.

He's highly skilled, and was top end P4P for sure IMO. He's showcased his skills and won tough fights against good fighters.

Looking at the guys in that great card last night; people are high on Rungvisai right now, and i feel Gozalez should have a win over him from their first fight. He's got a win over Estrada, another quality guy from last night.

We are forever moaning about fighters moving up in weight, Gonzalez did and probably shouldn't. No need to hate on the guy. (I'm not aiming this at thread starter by the way).

The guy is/was quality.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        I just realize how long you have been here.
        By now you should have known that this is how this place operates.
        You have been here too long to be complaining.
        You got a point, wishful thinking I guess...that things would change but I guess all remains the same, just the slang the kids throw around changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          He was beat before he got in the ring. When he stopped the action in the first rd to complain of an accidental headbutt and stopped the action in the 2nd rd to complain of a borderline low blow he was already looking for the ref to save him.
          Or Maybe, he recognized that the cut caused by the headbut in the first fight influenced the judged, and he was looking for the referee to pay more attention, so there would be less of a chance for him to get headbutt.

Comment

He never unified a division.

He never cleaned a division.

He only has 3 elite rivals in all his career: Estrada drained 4 pounds, Cuadras, that whooped his ass, and his daddy Sor Rungvisai.

This guy has a soft career.

He was bullying small guys and now vs fighters of his own size he got exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              Or Maybe, he recognized that the cut caused by the headbut in the first fight influenced the judged, and he was looking for the referee to pay more attention, so there would be less of a chance for him to get headbutt.
              I'm pretty sure his team let the ref know to look out for the headbutts & both fighters were warned in the dressing room. How can a ref prevent an accidental headbutt? It's called as "accidental" headbutt for a reason. Now if it's intentional the ref can deduct points. But there is nothing the ref can do to prevent an accidental headbutt.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                Can BS create a new lounge for members that have some credibility?

Forum votes for initial members of say 20 posters, than other adequate members get invited so that folks can have some grown up boxing talk?
                Thats a great idea

Comment

Didn't even know who he was at first.
                  I thought they're talking about Quillin or something.
                  Then I watched his fight with Viloria, who I knew is no longer in his prime.
                  Nothing impressive.
                  He's one of those fighters who have to be punished before getting a win.
                  The guy struggles way too much.
                  I always knew he won't last with that style.
                  Come on, whoever hypes this guy has some kind of agenda or something.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    You see how great Ward is to do what he has done?
                    What does Ward have to do with this thread? And what has Ward done that eclipses Gonzalez? Remain undefeated? That appears to be the only criteria for greatness among the casuals.

Comment

hes a good fighter , just got beat up, he won the first fight

Comment

Working...
                      X