No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Served Itself, Not Boxing, By Making Canelo Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    DiBella claimed he was trying to get Khurtsidze fights. But I think he was just trying to get him the 'right' fights. Like I said, they turned down a fight with Willie Monre for Showtime. It was the Provodnikov card, Monroe fought John Thompson instead.

Curtis Stevens would've accepted a fight with Khurtsidze in a heart beat. But I don't know how Roizer & Stark would've felt about it. Lou probably could've made Khurtsidze/Lee. Andy's willing to take a fight if it leads to a shot at Golovkin next.
    It doesn't surprise me that Khurtz would avoid Monroe. Khurtz will have issues with most MWs because of the height difference, so there really isn't an easy route to a belt. They just need to get him back in the ring asap. Maybe he should try advancing in the other sanctioning bodies that he's in.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 12-23-2016, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Which is why that is a Belt I never took serious an I still don't! WBC, WBA and IBF that is it! WBO always had weird rankings

Comment

Originally posted by kmas-ski View Post
        whoever wrote this post gotta talent of juggling a pair of balls
        Go fuk your mother, ALT.

Comment

Green is the only color in boxing.

So, what else is new? Seriously, with all that's wrong with boxing, Kurtsidze being shafted is a strange
          thing to be upset about.
          How about an article on PEDS or bad officiating or bad judging or maybe even an expose on Las Vegas "the Mecca of Boxing" lol.
          As for Kurbside, his last 5 opponents have ranked: #5-unranked, #4-unranked, #3-unranked, #2-470 and his last opponent Douglas at #34.
          Considering those numbers, how is a fight between Kurbside and BJS good for boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Which is why that is a Belt I never took serious an I still don't! WBC, WBA and IBF that is it! WBO always had weird rankings
            That's probably how I would ranked them

1. WBC
            2. WBA
            3. IBF
            4. WBO

Too be fair IBF BARELY beats out the WBO. Both are almost the same IMO most their Champions are a tier below the WBC and WBA.

HW - Is a mess so no credit
            Cruiserweight - WBO has the BEST Champion
            LHW - WBA, WBO, IBF

SMW - WBC, IBF, WBO - ???WBA Tyron Zeuge??? Probably 8-9 better fighters then him.

MW - EVERYONE HAS IT RIGHT but the WBO's Saunders.
            JR. MW - Can't go wrong with any of theirs
            WW - Can't go wrong with any of theirs but the WBC might have the weakest (We'll find out real soon though).
            Jr. WW - WBC, WBO - IBF has the WORST Eduard Troyanovsky
            LW - IBF has the worst.
            Jr. LW - WBO has the best and IBF the worst
            FW - WBA best but can't really go wrong here with rest.
            jr. FW - WBA Best IBF worst

Nevermind!!!

The IBF has the WORST Champions by average...

Comment

Julius Indongo KOed Troyanovsky in less than a round

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
                Julius Indongo KOed Troyanovsky in less than a round
                OOPS! Someone should fix their rankings... But just think that 37 years old was their CHAMPION!!!

Comment

Canelo gets so many passes...

Comment

I see a lot of hate on Canelo like its his fault lol y'all lame. Whoever brings in the money will get treated better plain and simple. Money rules boxing in every single aspect of the sport.

Comment

Any time i hear anything about "in the interest of boxing..." i shudder!!!

Boxing still needs the Joe Smiths, the Felix Diaz and Khurtsidzes' of this world.

They have to eat too. They rarely get opportunities if any at all.

I honestly do not understand why any boxing fan would not be offended when these fighters are passed over opportunities they have earned the hard way.

Why even have a top 10, let alone a mandatory challenger to a belt.

Boxing is just wack.

Nice article by the way.

Comment

Working...
                      X