Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis, Floyd Mayweather at Odds, Sosa Bout in Doubt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd just sees the talent in the young man...

Gervonta is very talented and Floyd just protecting this guy and lets be honest Bmore is a place where you can really get caught up even if you're trying to avoid the drama. Who wouldn't want to protect there money maker if you're smart. Not switching topics, however if Meek Mills would have gotten Lil Snoop out of the hood who was super talented rapper he would probable still be here and making tons of money. You got to protect your investment from the haters who stop at nothing to take a shot at you and bring you down. I know from experience and I'm not even famous....

Comment

• I can see both points of view. Floyd is wanting Tank to move so he can better himself to provide for his family. Tank wants to stay home because that's what's made him who he is today and he probably feels if he leaves he'll lose that. Life is full of choices and sometimes to you have to move away to make your situation and everyone around you situation better. He'll figure it out!

Comment

• Davis is getting a title shot with not one even decent win. His best ranked opponent by boxrec is Rorozco at #155.

I look at it as Floyd saying "to prepare for this fight you need to train here, if you don't want to do that then I'm not putting you in that fight." If that means Davis is shelved while Floyd finds another fight, that was Davis' decision.

And with the Olympics just ending and Floyd going hard after Stevenson and Badou vs DeGale coming, Floyd might be too busy to find Davis another fight vs a nobody. So be it

Comment

• I can't side with Floyd on this one. It's fine to SUGGEST that a guy move to Vegas because it's better for their career, but if they don't want to move then you shouldn't force them.

Putting Davis on the shelf because of this is not cool.

Comment

• Floyd protecting you, you aint no where near ready to turn a corner. These young guys kill me beat up a bunch of cans mind u he still gets hit a ton coming straight forward all athletics no science behind what he does. A smaller Berto but a lil less polished. Far as the outside the ring stuff, Floyd looking out for his best interest so he don't become another Broner type.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmas-ski View Post
              Floyd protecting you, you aint no where near ready to turn a corner. These young guys kill me beat up a bunch of cans mind u he still gets hit a ton coming straight forward all athletics no science behind what he does. A smaller Berto but a lil less polished. Far as the outside the ring stuff, Floyd looking out for his best interest so he don't become another Broner type.
              log off dude...

Comment

• It is people who relocated for far less than what he can potentially make for a Job Opportunity!

I say make the relocation and get the money then you can go back and take care of your people why the FUK is this even debatable? Because it involves Mayweather? Tank Davis shouldn't take advice of Internet Trolls>The Last Big Superstar In Boxing who clearly knows what is takes to become a Superstar

That fact that your Promoter can get you a title shot even before Fortune gets his rematch that is a blessing, you know how many other fighters who are not with a big promotion would love that opportunity?

Comment

• I like Gervonta a lot but his immaturity shines through in many of his social media posts and the fact that he can't seem to help constantly running his mouth on social media. Another thing that concerned me is he freely admits that he "doesn't watch boxing" so isn't too knowledgeable about many current boxers, even many of the top ones. The vast majority of elite fighters (including Floyd) have been students of the game since they were young.

So will be interesting to see how Gervonta fares once he does get his chance vs. top-level opponents...

Comment

• guys need to stop going to social media to air out dirty laundry, especially the young ones. they're immature and they take things to heart. that doesn't mean they're not right to feel the way they do at times. their youth just contribuites to them acting passionately and without foresight.

i like tank davis. he's clearly come from a tough place and he's worked hard to get out of it. he's got talent. still, a young, unproven fighter needs to pay his dues. that doesn't mean your management should be taking bad deals. just don't air out your dirty laundry publicly and throw your promotor under the bus in the media.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      guys need to stop going to social media to air out dirty laundry, especially the young ones. they're immature and they take things to heart. that doesn't mean they're not right to feel the way they do at times. their youth just contribuites to them acting passionately and without foresight.

i like tank davis. he's clearly come from a tough place and he's worked hard to get out of it. he's got talent. still, a young, unproven fighter needs to pay his dues. that doesn't mean your management should be taking bad deals. just don't air out your dirty laundry publicly and throw your promotor under the bus in the media.
                      The boy can't help himself LOL. As we speak he's engaged in some sort of back and forth Twitter spat (that's been going on for months) with Tevin Farmer...

Comment

Working...
                      X