Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's not, people just don't have the knowledge.

They look at Kell Brook's record on BoxRec and see 29-0, have a quick look at his record and then make their mind up.

Brook, in his 27th fight, had only just cleared out the domestic division and is scheduled to fight for a title, 3 fights later. The Saldivia fight did nothing and Brook's not really got the experience against gatekeepers or contenders.

It was the Americans who were plugging a Brook-Khan fight at first, I didn't see many Brits talking about it until Brook's fight in America and against Carson Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      He's not, people just don't have the knowledge.

They look at Kell Brook's record on BoxRec and see 29-0, have a quick look at his record and then make their mind up.

Brook, in his 27th fight, had only just cleared out the domestic division and is scheduled to fight for a title, 3 fights later. The Saldivia fight did nothing and Brook's not really got the experience against gatekeepers or contenders.

It was the Americans who were plugging a Brook-Khan fight at first, I didn't see many Brits talking about it until Brook's fight in America and against Carson Jones.
      People were talking about a potential Brook - Khan fight in Britian for a while. it gained a bit more momentum after Brook signed with Eddie Hearn after Warren had let Brook's career dwindle down stupidly.

Comment

If khan fights the way he fought kotelnik and malignaggi he would be a hard guy to beat in those fights he was defensive minded but knew when to throw at the right times

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
          as far as Khan and Kell go, Khan is better when hes smart, and would outpoint Brook in a hardfought fight. Dumb Khan would get KOed by Brook, who doesnt mess about in the ring from what I seen. Either fight would be amazing to watch.

I am sure Brook knows he'd get beat by smart Khan, he would not risk his record against the Northern lad, at least not yet.
          They're both Northern lads. If you're going to call fighters 'dumb' you should probably try not to look so dumb yourself, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
            They're both Northern lads. If you're going to call fighters 'dumb' you should probably try not to look so dumb yourself, mate.
            true, but I'm also Northern. Khan is Northern to me, Brook less Northern to me. The top border of Yorkshire is where the North-east ends for us, we tend to dissociate Yorkshiremen from our lot.

But yep I get your perspective, np, which most people share, sorry for slipping back to my roots there, its unfair to impose my regional bias on you and the forum.
            Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-20-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't be long before we find out if Brook is actually any good.

What I don't understand is how the fuk is Brook ranked 3rd by Ring magazine above fighters like Bradley, Ortiz, Alexander and Guerrero. That ****'s not right.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
                Wouldn't be long before we find out if Brook is actually any good.

What I don't understand is how the fuk is Brook ranked 3rd by Ring magazine above fighters like Bradley, Ortiz, Alexander and Guerrero. That ****'s not right.
                I'd imagine that has something to do with those guys just moving up and not having a body of work at the weight.

Bradley had previously fought at 147, but not in a huge fight. Then he was beaten comfortably by Pacquiao (despite the decision). Guerrero also jumped from 135 and has only fought at 147 one time.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                  true, but I'm also Northern. Khan is Northern to me, Brook less Northern to me. The top border of Yorkshire is where the North-east ends for us, we tend to dissociate Yorkshiremen from our lot.

But yep I get your perspective, np, which most people share, sorry for slipping back to my roots there, its unfair to impose my regional bias on you and the forum.
                  Fair enough but I was more referring to you calling a boxer dumb.

We, as fans, get enough shyte from non boxing fans without us calling our own silly names.

Leave that to the Yanks. Let's support any man brave enough to get into the ring. Especially one from England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                    Fair enough but I was more referring to you calling a boxer dumb.

We, as fans, get enough shyte from non boxing fans without us calling our own silly names.

Leave that to the Yanks. Let's support any man brave enough to get into the ring. Especially one from England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales.
                    To be fair, Im not sure he meant it like that!

I think it was more meant to be Khan not using his boxing brain and boxing ability to win a fight, instead of being dumb and fighting like a lunatic, which in all fairness is why he has lost his last few fights, maybe just bad choice of wording but Khan has certainly not used his brain much in recent fights, Im actually beginning to question his ring IQ as he seems to have lost it.

Well thats my take on it.

Comment

I do mean Khan fights without ring IQ sometimes, which you both got, cheers. I do wish Amir would get his head screwed on properly this year. Too much success too early maybe got to his head. And I dont know why some Americans sneer at British sportsmen. East Side Boxing is rife with unfounded 'Brittard' comments.

But spare a thought for us North-easterners, for whom, say, Liverpool feels like its practically in the Midlands, even though its 'all up North' to Southerners! We arent completely bonkers. Whey-aye man.
                      Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-21-2012, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X