Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan hasn't held a world title for over 5 years...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Emm...he isn't begging Brook for a fight, Brook is the one begging for a fight with Khan, Khan isn't obligated to fighting Brook. He can fight anyone he wants, Brook can't with his belt around his waist. The one person trying to cash out here is Brook, if not he would dismiss Khan, fight his mandatory and look to fight the Garcia vThurman winner, am not going to excuse Brook pathetic resume at 147, since he has been fighting at 147 where is the Maidana, Alexander, Bradley, Garcia, Vargas, Thurman, Spence, Matthyse, Pederson etc just to name a few on his resume? None apart from Porter... that is truly slim pickings.
    I don't disagree with much of what you've said about Brook, but I do completely disagree with your assertion that Khan can fight anyone he wants. I don't think he can - his casual appeal is waning, and his hardcore appeal (what little he once had) is gone. You can't tell me he can have any fight he wants - it's simply not true.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      I don't disagree with much of what you've said about Brook, but I do completely disagree with your assertion that Khan can fight anyone he wants. I don't think he can - his casual appeal is waning, and his hardcore appeal (what little he once had) is gone. You can't tell me he can have any fight he wants - it's simply not true.
      Is Khan obligated to fight someone? I don't get that. Is he mandated to fight spence or Brook? No he can fight anyone he pleases. Brook is the one obligated to fight Spence. I have zero problem with this fight, but if Khan gives Brook more than 30% then he is saying it's ok to sit here in England, fight bums and then try and cash out, fighters should aim to fight the best opposition available in their weight class, and in doing so the paydays would come and no one would begrudge them earning that pay. Brook has consistently fought bum in his career no matter which promoter he has been with. Go and check my history with him, I like Brook and even thought he would be the one that Mayweather would end up fighting in the UK (Mayweather came here and received a great welcome in London and he said he would fight here before he retired), but Brook did nothing in his 13 years apart from Porter, this is why I said am not going to shet on someone who left his comfort zone and came to america and fought Pauline M, Maidana, Alexander, Canelo, pederson in Washington, Garcia just to name a few, was accused of running out there by Bradley and what did he do? Offered a fight to Bradley who then ducked the fight claiming if he loses to Khan he would be out of the Pacquiao sweepstakes... People on here are bandwagon jumpers, they don't have a mind of their own, they follow the crowd and what gets them the high five, me I study and look at things and make my mind up, I don't care if you are black, brown, yellow, white or carry the same passport as me. I called it like I see it. Brook does NOT deserve anything over 30% based on the resume, lack of market value, no pulling power.

Comment

Is Khan obligated to fight someone? I don't get that. Is he mandated to fight spence or Brook? No he can fight anyone he pleases. Brook is the one obligated to fight Spence. I have zero problem with this fight, but if Khan gives Brook more than 30% then he is saying it's ok to sit here in England, fight bums and then try and cash out, fighters should aim to fight the best opposition available in their weight class, and in doing so the paydays would come and no one would begrudge them earning that pay. Brook has consistently fought bum in his career no matter which promoter he has been with. Go and check my history with him, I like Brook and even thought he would be the one that Mayweather would end up fighting in the UK (Mayweather came here and received a great welcome in London and he said he would fight here before he retired), but Brook did nothing in his 13 years apart from Porter, this is why I said am not going to shet on someone who left his comfort zone and came to america and fought Pauline M, Maidana, Alexander, Canelo, pederson in Washington, Garcia just to name a few, was accused of running out there by Bradley and what did he do? Offered a fight to Bradley who then ducked the fight claiming if he loses to Khan he would be out of the Pacquiao sweepstakes... People on here are bandwagon jumpers, they don't have a mind of their own, they follow the crowd and what gets them the high five, me I study and look at things and make my mind up, I don't care if you are black, brown, yellow, white or carry the same passport as me. I called it like I see it. Brook does NOT deserve anything over 30% based on the resume, lack of market value, no pulling power.
        None of this had anything to do with my question.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
          None of this had anything to do with my question.
          Your question was answered pages ago. He isn't mandated to fight anyone. He can do as he please, he can fight anyone he want.

Comment

Titles are overrated these days, i think once you reach a certain level? you don't really need them to get big fights. Amir Khan is somewhat of a enigma, with him being the sole representative of Pakistani's in the world of boxing! even though he is a British citizen. This gains him a automatic massive fan base, and i think Khan uses this to his best interest.

(The only title that i see Khan recapturing is Danny Garcia's title, stylistically i still believe he can beat Danny Garcia! if Garcia gets past Thurman, i think Khan will shoot for the rematch with Garcia big time)...

Comment

Your question was answered pages ago. He isn't mandated to fight anyone. He can do as he please, he can fight anyone he want.
              I think we're coming from two different angles here - you're saying he can fight anyone he wants, because he isn't locked in to fight Brook or whomever, which is true. I'm coming from the angle of he can't fight anyone he wants - because there will be fighters out there that he may want to fight, but aren't interested in fighting him.

I think we're both right with our own point of views.

Comment

Working...
              X