Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm mildly impressed with Thurman but I believe he may need to change his coach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm mildly impressed with Thurman but I believe he may need to change his coach

Ive been following the cat for a while now, the kids got talent. speed, power and a good tank. Ive seen glimpses of his defense and boxing iq in the Bundoo fight although he could have put grinded a bit more and put on more show whilst exhibiteng his poise and defense.

My only issue seems to be his trainer Dan Birmingham, same dude who ruined the very talented Jeff Lacy and had him take an uncessary beating against the limited joe calzaghe. he had no advice for dude in the corner whatsoever "he cant keep this pace" dude is of that rockem sockem school of boxing, the type that shortens careers ala Freddie Roach.

I think he would benefit from moving to either Brother Naz, Barry Hunter, Virgin Hunter, or even Mayweather Sr. This cat is a bit like Roach he tries acting all tough when Thurman's around, talking all that sht like he's the one stepping in that squared circle.
    Last edited by Skilled Nation; 05-27-2015, 01:44 PM.

Originally posted by Skilled Nation View Post
    Ive been following the cat for a while now, the kids got talent. speed, power and a good tank. Ive seen glimpses of his defense and boxing iq in the Bundoo fight although he could have put grinded a bit more and put on more show whilst exhibiteng his poise and defense.

My only issue seems to be his trainer Dan Birmingham, same dude who ruined the very talented Jeff Lacy and had him take an uncessary beating against the limited joe calzaghe. he had no advice for dude in the corner whatsoever "he cant keep this pace" dude is of that rockem sockem school of boxing, the type that shortens careers ala Freddie Roach.

I think he would benefit from moving to either Brother Naz, Barry Hunter, Virgin Hunter, or even Mayweather Sr. This cat is a bit like Roach he tries acting all tough when Thurman's around, talking all that sht like he's the one stepping in that squared circle.
    Such a ******.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      Such a ******.
      I got a politics degree if that means you a ****** then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skilled Nation View Post
        I got a politics degree if that means you a ****** then so be it.
        You mean, you have a degree in political science? Sure you do.

Comment

Funny, I've always felt the same way. He's definitely got the physical tools but he needs that perfect trainer to mold him into the type of fighter that he's capable of being. He needs to work on his defense and his trainer is obviously not helping in that category. He should seek the services of Virgil or Stafford.

Comment

Why is your post entirely in bold?

Comment

Skilled nation and nations finest, you can't be this stupid and pathetic, can you?

Comment

thurman is fine with his current trainer. they have a great working relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  Skilled nation and nations finest, you can't be this stupid and pathetic, can you?
                  Or it could just be a coincidence you utter drooling idiot. I'm brand new to this site after having come over from CHB. You know how many usernames probably consist of having "El" in their names on this forum? You think you're the only spanish kid around here? Sit down before you get clowned on.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    Why is your post entirely in bold?
                    Why you mad? your fighter of the decade got huimiliated in front of the world and you talking all that shtt

Comment

Working...
                    X