Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would Mayweather's career been like if he had lost that '0' vs Castillo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    what wrong with this country is that large lazy unemployed "entitlement" mindset the is rampant in the African American communites, but that another topic for another time.

But look how silly you are, mad cause someone makes a topic on a boxer on a boxing forum and then call people who joined this forum for that sole purpose "losers" and insinuating they are virgins because they doing what they signed up here for. Real question is what are you here for if not that?
    You have the nerve to call someone silly with a post like this. People like you and your shallow mindset is what's wrong with this country. You and your stereotypes, get a ****ing life, *******!!

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
      They were wanting to place limits on Winky's fight night weight and winky felt it wasnt realistic or possible for him to come in under 154 on fight night. I talked to winky myself about this matchup and he said after the mosley win there were a lot of people putting his name out there because he was now the fighter to beat, floyd was one of them but he was never very serious about it when they tried to discuss it further. I dont blame floyd for not fighting him but dont try to place all of the blame on winky for the fight not happening when floyd's team never had a serious or realistic offer.
      Asking a big Jr. middleweight like Winky to weigh under 154 on fight night would be unfair and can't be considered a serious offer to fight. No wonder Winky said no to that. I never knew about that. Winky would have loved to fight Floyd with a reasonable offer on the table and I think he would have won that fight. Most Jr. middleweights weigh about 165 on fight night. Hell, welterweight Ortiz weighed 164 in the ring against Mayweather.

Comment

It wouldnt mean a thing. Just like Roy Jone's "loss" to montell griffin didnt make Roy any less cocky.
        Last edited by Joeyzagz; 01-05-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

LoL............

Comment

Originally posted by R-NEAL View Post
            His career wouldn't have changed much. He gave Castillo an immediate rematch and beat him mire clearly. He didnt wait a couple of fights like most people do.

Its funny that when people asked Cotto a year ago, he said out of his own mouth that he NEVER pursued a Mayweather fight. People disregard it because it just sounds better to say Floyd ducked.
            TRUE, And interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by TonkaJones View Post
              This is not about whether Castillo should have got decision more whether Mayweather would have been less cautious in choosing opponents if he wasn't too wary of losing his undefeated record. I'm a huge Mayweather fan but if he lost that '0' vs Castillo would we have seen him take the Margarito fight & pick him apart? Would we have seen Mayweather-Tszyu at LWW? Would we have seen him fight Pac when it really mattered a few years ago? (not saying only Mayweather is to blame for that one) What else would we have seen? Please discuss
              Reason why he didn't fight Margarito was because Castillo was a cherry pick gone wrong. They never thought that someone that slow could give Mayweather trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz
                It wouldnt mean a thing. Just like Roy Jone's "loss" to montell griffin didnt make Roy any less co cky.
                yeah but Roy Jones took big risks all be it calculated risks like moving to HW to win the title from Ruiz

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  The problem with Floyd and his fans is that they just back with excuses as to why the fight was not made. When Floyd is with Arum, they come up with excuses then when Floyd is not, they still come back with Arum only fights fighters against fighters that are in his stable. Then you give them a good example of that not being the case then they make more excuses or run away! lol!

Floyd didn't want to fight Margarito. Both Floyd and Margarito were under Arum. You don't discuss other fighters like Floyd did to excuse him of fighting Margarito. That my friend , was well documented!!!!

Correct, Floyd didn't know that Margarito cheated back then or not.

Floyd, years later admitted to ducking Margarito and said something like "I knew that I shouldn't have taken the fight with Margarito because I always knew that there was something wrong with Margarito and him being a cheater" .... that means he ducked Margarito!!!

Arum stated that Floyd vs Cotto will happen once Cotto gains more experience. Arum also stated that Floyd is a great boxer but if there is one guy that can do it its Cotto. AGain, WELL DOCUMENTED!!!

Manny fought Oscar who is an opposing promoter of Arum and not in Arum's stable. So that shoots down your last point!!!
                  Go ahead and continue to make up stuff, guy... lol
                  People will have facts and they will still twist it.. Just like when Cotto said last year that he NEVER actively pursued the fight. Yet u still talk say, "Arum said down the road blah blah".. just sad

Comment

im reading this and the only names that keep reappearing are Cotto and Margarito and Mosley. You can scratch mosley seeing as floyd wooped dat ass. So that leaves Margo and Cotto. And BOTH have documented reasons as to why the fights with floyd didnt happen ( Arum wouldnt pay floyd the $ for either one) and Cotto never seemed interested in it.

So where does this "all the ducking" come from? when i hear that a fighter ducked soooo many people i expect more than just one or two legitimate fights. You can do that with a lot of fighters. So why does floyd get the "shaft" sort to speak?

Comment

Working...
                    X