Manning 10
    Marino 0
    Elway 0
    Young 6
    Brady 4
    Montana 2

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
      thats the biggest Peyton myth and probably the biggest football myth in general.

proof --> http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=31
      That doesn't prove anything. Peyton consistently throwing late game ints to lose games is what makes him a choker. Your post didn't make sense at the end, aikman and elway being considered clutch is usually due to late game situations, peyton having a higher qb rating during the entire game means nothing. Now if you can post their ratings and stats in come from behind playoff games, or something like that then i will concede.

Comment

Peyton is the GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
          You say this, yet in so many years the so called GOAT qb of all time was throwing for 55 completion percentages or less in years, the broncos were ranking near the bottom of the league. With a run heavy offense, the qb usually has efficient numbers because that style minimizes mistakes. Elway even with terrell davis, sharpe, and rod smith threw for 55%, that's horrible. He really wasn't an accurate qb. Elway's leadership skills aren't in question, i agree he took inferior talent to super bowls during the 80s, but that doesn't make him the greatest.
          What did he do with Td though he won Superbowls,also the younger generation does not remember pre salary cap when teams like the Cowgirls and 69ers were it the afc went something like 13 years without a championship,im just saying Elway played in a much much tougher league then it is today,Imagine Brady playing in te 80s the hits he would have taken might have ended him before he had a chance to be in my opinion a top 3 qb alltime.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            Elway and its not even close,his stats would be incredible if it werent for a running based Dan Reeves system most of his career.Tom Brady is a beast but a lot of his credit goes to the best Hc in nfl history.
            Elway wouldn't of won any super bowls if it wasnt for a guy named Terrell Davis. Besides #s aren't everything, Troy Aikman's numbers don't look great but thats because he had Emmett running the ball behind arguably the greatest O line in history.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
              What did he do with Td though he won Superbowls,also the younger generation does not remember pre salary cap when teams like the Cowgirls and 69ers were it the afc went something like 13 years without a championship,im just saying Elway played in a much much tougher league then it is today,Imagine Brady playing in te 80s the hits he would have taken might have ended him before he had a chance to be in my opinion a top 3 qb alltime.
              Terrell davis won those super bowls, he put them over the top. The "much tougher league" is a slippery slope argument, someone older than us can use it for unitas being the greatest and it would be ten times more potent since the league was MUCH tougher then. I agree with the hits and the bs of protecting the qbs. I like elway and i have him in my top five, but i cant put anyone over montana, only guy who has a shot is brady.

Comment

4000+ Yard seasons
                Manning 12(out of 13 seasons)
                Marino 6
                Elway 1
                Young 2
                Brady 4 (out of 10 full seasons)
                Montana 0

65+ completion percentage seasons
                Manning 10
                Marino 0
                Elway 0
                Young 6
                Brady 4
                Montana 2
                Yardage means nothing i am getting used to Peyton but the guy throws on every fcking down,last Monday i was screaming at the Tv for the Broncos to run the fcking ball that is the ticket and i absolutely hate the hurry up,with that said its easy to rake up the yards in a qb driven league then it was back in the day,people need to remember the constant rule changes that effected stats etc.i say do away with all stats the eye factor is all that matters and Elway is still the best i have ever seen,look up Dan Fouts that guy threw for a lot of yards and never won sht.

Comment

That doesn't prove anything. Peyton consistently throwing late game ints to lose games is what makes him a choker. Your post didn't make sense at the end, aikman and elway being considered clutch is usually due to late game situations, peyton having a higher qb rating during the entire game means nothing. Now if you can post their ratings and stats in come from behind playoff games, or something like that then i will concede.
                  wheres the proof? you can't just say that without backing it up.

And Peyton had one of the greatest 4th quarter comebacks against Brady's Patriots in 2007(or 2008). But I think it was like the 1st round thats why it doesn't get mentioned but it was still one of the greatest game winning drives at the end of the game that I've ever seen.

Comment

Terrell davis won those super bowls, he put them over the top. The "much tougher league" is a slippery slope argument, someone older than us can use it for unitas being the greatest and it would be ten times more potent since the league was MUCH tougher then. I agree with the hits and the bs of protecting the qbs. I like elway and i have him in my top five, but i cant put anyone over montana, only guy who has a shot is brady.
                    Settle down bucko no rb has ever won a sb by himself its a team sport.
                    You said Montana now the debate begins he is not in my top ten let alone 1.

Comment

wheres the proof? you can't just say that without backing it up.

And Peyton had one of the greatest 4th quarter comebacks against Brady's Patriots in 2007(or 2008). But I think it was like the 1st round thats why it doesn't get mentioned but it was still an amazing drive at the end of the game.
                      Peyton consistently has bad playoff games that loses games for his team, and let's not forget the game in new england years ago i believe was in the snow, let's not forget him throwing it directly to tracy porter in the super bowl. Him throwing it directly to tracy porter was probably top five most angry i've ever been lol, i was rooting so hard for peyton and the colts, i didn't even bother to finish watching porter run into the endzone.

Comment

Working...
                      X