Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is going to be Goldenboy's Goldenboy Ortiz or Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is going to be Goldenboy's Goldenboy Ortiz or Khan?

2 fights ago it was clear that Goldenboy's Goldenboy was Khan. He raised his profile with a super performance against Maidana.Ortiz eked out a draw with Lamont Peterson and seemed to be clinging on to his career by his fingernails. There was no question Ortiz was well below Khan in Goldenboy's pecking order.
    Then Goldenboy set up a sink or swim fight for Ortiz with the Berto bout and a nothing space filler nothing fight for Khan with the Paul McCloskey bout. The Ortiz/Berto fight turned out to be a great fight with Ortiz redeeming himself and Khan's stock dropped after an unsatisfactory controversial stoppage in a nothing fight. Team Khan seemed to be heavily involved in the negotiations and upset Eddie Hearn and hashed up the TV deal. I am sure Oscar can only take so much of Team Khan's antics and with Ortiz he does not have that kind of baggage.
    IMO the next fight the two fighters have will be critical in determining who is the priority fighter on Golden boy's books. Right now Amir is the main man but if his family continue to influence the fights he takes and continue low balling opponents I can see Oscar getting fed up and Ortiz if he keeps on winning he could end up as being Goldenboy's Goldenboy.
    What do you think?
    Khan will continue to be GBP's Top Man
    7.41%
    Ortiz will take over as GBP's top dog after a few fights
    66.67%
    Ortiz and Khan will get attention from GBP in the long run
    25.93%
    Last edited by Prince Mongo; 04-22-2011, 03:40 PM.

@ the thought of Khan being a golden boy.

Comment

Ortiz

Ortiz has faced sterner tests, his last one being the biggest, and he proved himself the most likely ...

If Khan gets by Bradley, then he too has potential, however I doubt he gets by the Desert Storm

Comment

Saul Alvarez

Comment

The Third option on the poll should read

Ortiz and Khan will get EQUAL attention from GBP in the long run

Comment

the golden boy himself was at the khan fight...he was'nt at ortiz's......but prior to victor quitting vs marcos, i think ortiz was the goldenboy's golden boy..........khan is now ...

Comment

Ortiz

I really don't see Khan becoming a big draw given that he's a Pakistani Brit, it's evident and proven that if Ortiz continues to be as explosive and looking hungry like he did against an undefeated lion like Berto, than he's got a BRIGHT future, he redeemed himself and got up from VICIOUS knockdowns to come back and still control the tempo and win the fight.

I think Ortiz can be what Vargas left us hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                the golden boy himself was at the khan fight...he was'nt at ortiz's......but prior to victor quitting vs marcos, i think ortiz was the goldenboy's golden boy..........khan is now ...
                I agree with you 100%. The Berto fight was a huge fight for Ortiz,the most important of his career to date . The Paul McCloskey fight was a nothing fight which was a real let down event after the Maidana fight yet Oscar chose to attend it over the crunch time fight of Ortiz.

Comment

i think with ortiz will be it. he got a good win off berto plus that strap which the general public seem to hold in high regard, and also that backstory doesnt hurt.. add the appeal of being american and mexican, well... you got yourself another golden boy

Comment

Clearly Ortiz. He showed heart which was the only thing he was missing. Ortiz has more similarities to DLH than Khan and Alvarez together. Ortiz is hard hitting, explosive, fast, southpaw, bilingual, he has the background story, the looks, the ability to adapt himself and is likeable to almost if not every ethnic group, and he's a musician? The best marketable fighter DLH has is Ortiz and not Alvarez or Khan. This Berto fight made DLH appreciate what he had all along. Even almost everyone in this forum has Ortiz fever lol no **** but it's true! If you've followed Ortiz's career this **** has felt like a movie...

Comment

Working...
                    X