No announcement yet.

I know many don't like broner but that was no robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

RomanReigns here are the stats bruh - I thought this be a good place to share this.
    He out landed Granados. And connected in a much higher percentages. I don't see a robbery. Just like in the pacquiao fight. I thought Vargas won cause he was doing much better than I expected. And it was a terrible merry go around fight for Top Rank.
    Last edited by RomanReigns; 02-19-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

It was dead even I had a hard time scoring rounds cause both were landing combos after the other, but I do believe broner would of lost if it went 12 bruh passed out in his corner soon as the bell rang, he still drinking.

Comment

I had it a draw. It's become common theme for really close fights to be called "robberies". Either guy could've got the nod last night

Comment

Didn't really score it but it was a pretty even fight. I wouldn't call it a robbery.

This fight only reaffirms how limited a boxer Broner is. This guys a 4 weight champ��

Comment

I didn't think it was a robbery, but IMO Broner deserved draw at best.

He did land cleaner shots and was for accurate with his punch landed percentage.

But dude was to inactive for me at times and Granados was just to active for Broner and he landed the way more shots. I loved his body work, his pressure and relentlessness and his overall game plan.

Both fighters had their moments and Broner did get off some good shots but Granados got off just as many and more good shots. Whenever Broner had a moment in a round Granados never let it go unanswered with his shots.

I scored it 6-4 Granados but I knew the fight would go to Broner because it was his hometown and his wannabe promotional outfit did the fight.

It was very close and not a robbery but if this fight was anywhere else but Cinci and with a different promotion, Broner gets a draw at best.

Regardless it's no big deal as Broner was only awarded a SD and the fight was very entertaining.
            Last edited by boxinghead530; 02-19-2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

how many gift decisions is this guy going to get? For all of you defending Broner, get a clue please. Of course this was a robbery.

Why is it the guy with powerful promoter, network backing, gets the win in a so called "close fight" 90 to 100 percent of the time.

This is why boxing is a JOKE that no one takes seriously anymore. WAKE THE F*** UP.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                He out landed Granados. And connected in a much higher percentages. I don't see a robbery. Just like in the pacquiao fight. I thought Vargas won cause he was doing much better than I expected. And it was a terrible merry go around fight for Top Rank.
                Loving the reaction by the forum for real. I'm boppin counting this money!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Loving the reaction by the forum for real. I'm boppin counting this money!
                  The poster above you is melting down.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                    The poster above you is melting down.
                    I seen that geezers post with his Charles Manson avi.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
                      I would say the common trend these days is people like
                      you defending rigged fights and crooked promoters....

You know, like what you are doing in the post i just quoted...

And yet Broner got the decision...
                      What a surprise...

What do you expect from sheep and cowards???
                      This entire thread is proof of whats wrong with boxing...

Where did this "close fights can't be robberies" nonsense come from??

Pure intellectual cowardice.....

To suggest otherwise is just not logical

You do realize that a promoter pays the judges wages??
                      This is called a conflict of interest you simple son of a b*tch...
                      That is why "close fights" are almost always awarded to the fighter the promoter would prefer to see win....

James Toney was supposed to win and he got the win...
                      The judges did what they what the promoter wanted them too
                      so yes we could call that one pre determined as well you dopey
                      c*nt...

If you think James Toney got "beat up" in that fight but think
                      broner/grandos was close then you are a clown....

At least Toney never got kod by the joe bloggs of the world...
                      And lets face it bhop in his prime could never EVER beat joe bloggs in his wildest dreams....
                      Bloggs jr is too big too strong and far superior to bhop at in fighting.......
                      The close fight doesn't always go to the A side though so your logic is completely flawed.

Are some fights pre determined? Yes I would have thought so but if you allow a fight to be an either way fight then the fight isn't a robbery. Because you can argue either man won. If you make an argument for a guy winning then the fight wasn't robbed from you.

You call me "dopey" yet you have once again brought up Bernard Hopkins for some unknown reason. I will say it again more clearly for you; I am not a fan of Bernard Hopkins.

As for Toney-Tiberi, that fight was very one sided. Broner-Granados was obviously much closer but thats not saying much because Toney-Tiberi is one of the worst decisions in the history of the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X