No announcement yet.

GGG v. Jacobs is for THE MW title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    Lineal is just some mythical nerdy sht. Golovkin is the top middleweight and the man to beat.
    wow ..now all the sudden Lineal is nerdy and mythical...smh

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      Leonard left 160 after Hagler and then retired..you make no sense..sorry man but thats how lineal status works
      Leonard left 160 for one fight vs LaLonde, then fought 2x more at 160 vs Hearns & Duran. Then he moved down to 154 for Norris, lost, retired and came back, returning at 160 where he lost to Camacho.

My point is that the whole 'lineal' concept is superficial and subjective. Canelo wins the MW title at 155, goes down to 154, now goes up to 165. You argue he retains his lineal status, but that Leonard was no longer lineal champ after beating Hagler.......

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Leonard left 160 for one fight vs LaLonde, then fought 2x more at 160 vs Hearns & Duran. Then he moved down to 154 for Norris, lost, retired and came back, returning at 160 where he lost to Camacho.

My point is that the whole 'lineal' concept is superficial and subjective. Canelo wins the MW title at 155, goes down to 154, now goes up to 165. You argue he retains his lineal status, but that Leonard was no longer lineal champ after beating Hagler.......
        hearns and Duran fights were at 168 man..you are really embarrassing yourself..1987 was the last time Leonard fought at 160 before he lost to Camacho in 1997 and he retired 2 times in that time period..it hasnt even been a year since Canelo fought at middleweight

Comment

No he fought Hearns and Duran at SMW which is why the SMW titles were on the line.

Comment

Canelo is the lineal, but that doesn't mean it's not a huge joke.

Canelo has been a lineal MW champ for more than a year. He has never in his life fought an actual middleweight or actually fought at MW limit.

Whenever someone says that Canelo is the lineal MW champion you should "say yes he is" and laugh in their face.

hearns and Duran fights were at 168 man..you are really embarrassing yourself..1987 was the last time Leonard fought at 160 before he lost to Camacho in 1997 and he retired 2 times in that time period..it hasnt even been a year since Canelo fought at middleweight
            Hearn and Duran fights were not at SMW, and Canelo has never fought at MW.
            Last edited by j0zef; 02-02-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              Canelo is the lineal, but that doesn't mean it's not a huge joke.

Canelo has been a lineal MW champ for more than a year. He has never in his life fought an actual middleweight or actually fought at MW limit.

Whenever someone says that Canelo is the lineal MW champion you should "say yes he is" and laugh in their face.

Hearn and Duran fights were not at SMW, and Canelo has never fought at MW.
              we are talking about the rematches man..and they where at 168 hearns fight was for the WBC and WBO titles and the Duran fight was for the WBC

Comment

Lol, you better double check your facts............

Leonard - 160lbs / Hearns - 162.5lbs
                Leonard - 160lbs / Duran - 158lbs

Comment

What a pathetic thread.....can anyone show me a picture of canelo holding this "lineal title" everyone keeps talking about..I'll wait...

Comment

Lol, you better double check your facts............

Leonard - 160lbs / Hearns - 162.5lbs
                    Leonard - 160lbs / Duran - 158lbs
                    Leonard and Duran had a limit of 162.
                    Leonard and Hearns had a limit of 164.

That's SMW.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanjLarose View Post
                      What a pathetic thread.....can anyone show me a picture of canelo holding this "lineal title" everyone keeps talking about..I'll wait...
                      I think you're confused between title and belt. They aren't the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X