Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Promoter Extremely Disappointed' in Referee Byrd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't a fan of Kovalev's holding so that was one thing I was thankful for, letting the damn fighters fight inside. this is not something a referee should be penalized for, rather in this age of taking away the inside game of the in-fighter it should be praised as anything else completely skews the playing field. Ward wouldn't have won a round if Bayless was around yelling "Stop! Don't punch" everytime they bumped shoulders.

Robert Byrd did fine.
    Last edited by SplitSecond; 11-20-2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_T5 View Post
      completely unbiased? that was malignaggi years ago. now he is a company man...watch the broner maidana fight he had broner in the fight/winning until at the 8th round when he changed his scorecard and had maidana winning comfortably...and this is coming from one of his biggest fans
      What vested interest does Paulie have in Andre ? Company man ! What does that even mean ? He was working for Sky last night not trying to promote a rematch for HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        I wasn't a fan of Kovalev's holding so that was one thing I was thankful for, letting the damn fighters fight inside. this is not something a referee should be penalized for, rather in this age of taking away the inside game of the in-fighter it completely skews the playing field. Ward wouldn't have won a round if Bayless was around yelling "Stop! Don't punch" everytime they bumped shoulders.

Chris Byrd did fine.
        That was a great fight from a neutral perspective. I didn't want to see a loser and felt the fighters were allowed to fight, Kovalev was locking Andre's head up real early and I felt he was having most success early whilst he was allowed to get away with it, the fight I didn't feel had as much inside work in the latter and than the first half and that's when Ward really stacked up the points.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post

Wait you weren't serious were you?

Btw: Ref did a great job last night.
          I feel Ward was scoring the points more when Kovalev began to look a little ragged and realised his power wasnt having the effect he hoped it would on Ward mid to late, I guess I mean he was hoping Ward's work rate would slide from the early sustained beating he hoped to put on but that never happened Ward just got stronger and did not wilt he fought as hard in every round if not stepping it round to round. The gear Ward worked at never dipped..

Comment

Byrd did a bad job? Lol

There was a beautiful display of working the insides on both parts. Nice fight

Comment

Kovalev couldn't "break his arms" in the clinches, and was getting caught backing "straight" out of the clinches. Jackson did not have Kov prepared to fight on the inside! Although I still thought Kovalev won the fight, his lack of an inside game may well have cost him the fight in the judges eyes. Byrd did a good job of letting the fighters fight, and he kept yelling "you're free in there!"

Comment

If anything Kovalev seemed to be the one initiating the majority of the holding. Anytime ward tried to get inside on him Kovalev would either put him in a head lock or grab his left arm.

Comment

I thought Byrd did a hell of a JOB! He stayed out of it and let the fighters work it out. This wasn't like a Klitz. fight where Klitz does one punch and grabs the guy and wants to jump on his shoulders the entire fight. These guys both had and inside game and were CONSTANTLY fighting each other on the inside. Sht Maidana WISHED he had this Ref instead of Kenny "Mayweather Bayless. Everytime Maidana even LOOKED at Floyd he was getting shoved back by Bayless.

Comment

Kathy "botox face" duva is the one who approved the judges and ref...... This lying **** is the one who will make more money with the rematch...... What a surprise.....

Comment

Kenny bayless is the best ref who stops all clinching and holding asap.... He will do the next fight and make a much more cleaner fight....

Comment

Working...
                      X