Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Manager To Critics: Do NOT Compare This To Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
    GGG appears to legitimately be out of name options.
    But that fact does not make this a fair fight.
    I mean it's funny how fan boys come up here and say "it's not fair" but cherry-pick what's fair depending on the fighter...

Please show me the post where you talk about Floyd v. Marquez being fair... especially after Floyd didn't make his weight..

None of Manny Pacquiao fights were fair fights either and he won them... Floyd v. Manny wasn't a "fair" fight by your logic...

Manny was fighting in his 8th division and Floyd his 4th...

You are now arbitrarily telling us what fair fights are because you don't want to give GGG credit after he beats a lb for lb undefeated fighter...

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      But you would give Ward a pass for fighting MWs doe.

What middleweight did he fight bro?

Paul Smith? That is considered a tune up fight off of a 2 year layoff. Of course I give him a pass for that. Just like I'm giving mikey garcia a pass for fighting whatever bum he is gonna fight next.

Ward is about to fight arguably the baddest man on the planet and you still hate and secretly pray that he doesn't fight killer kovalev.

After November 19. There will be a new p4p king and it won't be gennady golovkin because he is fighting a welterweight. While kovalev and ward dare to be great by facing each other.

Golovkin vs canelo
      Golovkin vs jacobs
      Golovkin vs andrade
      Golovkin vs degale
      Golovkin vs jack
      Golovkin vs lara
      Golovkin vs a charlo
      Golovkin vs j rock
      Golovkin vs ramirez
      Golovkin vs anybody but a welterweight would suffice.

Golovkin is the truth, but he can't truly be called the best without taking some kind of challenge. Just once. Damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
        What middleweight did he fight bro?

Paul Smith? That is considered a tune up fight off of a 2 year layoff. Of course I give him a pass for that. Just like I'm giving mikey garcia a pass for fighting whatever bum he is gonna fight next.

Ward is about to fight arguably the baddest man on the planet and you still hate and secretly pray that he doesn't fight killer kovalev.

After November 19. There will be a new p4p king and it won't be gennady golovkin because he is fighting a welterweight. While kovalev and ward dare to be great by facing each other.

Golovkin vs canelo
        Golovkin vs jacobs
        Golovkin vs andrade
        Golovkin vs degale
        Golovkin vs jack
        Golovkin vs lara
        Golovkin vs a charlo
        Golovkin vs j rock
        Golovkin vs ramirez
        Golovkin vs anybody but a welterweight would suffice.

Golovkin is the truth, but he can't truly be called the best without taking some kind of challenge. Just once. Damn.
        Ward gets props win or lose for fighting Kova and that's a GREAT fight... I'm watching that and more excited for than I was for Pac - Mayweather...

Ward gets props though only after the fight actually happens... Ward has cherry-picked bums for 3 years and until he actually shows up on fight night - I think there is a chance that fight doesn't happen... contracts have clauses that allow fighters to back out - e.g. fake injuries etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by chris232 View Post
          Exactly right, didnt realise lara was some blockbuster opponent for ggg, is boring, makes no money and as far as im aware hes not a middleweight either?Will be some size difference but brook is a very big welter and ggg isnt a huge middleweight, is brooks decision to go to middleweight at the end of the day, isnt forced into it. Big difference between this and the khan/canelo fight is that brook doesnt have a chin made from paper mache, everyone knew as soon as canelo landed a clean shot it would be over. All you idiots whining about it will no doubt tune into the fight anyway

So was adama,rosado,macklin,stevens,monroe,proska blockbuster opponents?

Lara is better than all of them, but he doesn't deserve a golovkin fight and they did?

Stop it

Comment

• [IMG]https://media.makeameme.org/created/really-*****-please.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

• If were going to talk about fair let's talk about how every fight with Floyd using USADA is unfair because of the IV-use he gets to use to cheat... no other fighter gets to use IVs the night before the biggest fights in their career...

the word "fair" is relative and used to cherry-pick by biased people...

Floyd is the example because he epitomizes the double standard shown by the fan boys on this forum

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                So was adama,rosado,macklin,stevens,monroe,proska blockbuster opponents?

Lara is better than all of them, but he doesn't deserve a golovkin fight and they did?

Stop it
                Lara is arguably worse than all of them... Lara lost to Carlos Molina and got a gift draw and he was a disgrace vs. Canelo...

If he lost every round by default running against Canelo what do you think he's going to do against GGG? Run more and be less offensive if possible... Lara might not even throw a single punch in a round against GGG...

Comment

• this is a great fight. i didn't see any of you complaining when marlon starling went up to fight michael nunn. he almost won that fight too. the best vs the best this is what boxign is all about. does anyone doubt brook ko's canelo easily? these are literally the 2 best fighters between 147 and 168 amazing that this super fight got done.

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                    That's a fair question - I have no excuses for moving up in weight - if you move up in weight and lose - but to be fair - Floyd didn't make the contracted weight - that 's my issue and that fight shouldn't count...

Pacquiao is the GOAT because he's moved up in weight more and more successfully than anyone in history by far...

I realize how important weight is but I'm showing the hypocrisy of the anti-White and Asian racists on here who have a double standard...

Hopkins gets full credit for moving up and that's a performance that puts Hopkins' legacy on another level..

I'm not asking you about hopkins. I'm asking you about tarver. Did Tarver cherry pick hopkins? He was 2 divisons lighter than tarver. Just like marquez was 2 divisons lighter than floyd

don't be a hypocrite bro.

my point is mayweather vs marquez can't be a cherry pick and then praise Tarver vs hopkins in the same breath.

Same thing.

Did hopkins cherry pick winky wright and Kelly pavlik?

You see its only cherry picking when Floyd does it right?

Comment

• A lot of people saying that the Canelo fight is worse, are forgetting the fact that Golovkin is top five pound for pound. Many actually call him pound for pound #1. Golovkin is definitely a lot worse, especially for someone that wanted to collect all the belts at 160. They're clearly making a mockery of boxing fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X