Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Your Thoughts On Broner's Legs/Footwork?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are Your Thoughts On Broner's Legs/Footwork?

Most dont think he can move but Im not sure I believe that. I just think he's copied Floyd's style of in the pocket and he's fighting guys his size or smaller. I do think if he fights a bigger/stroner dude you will see him get on his toes more, move more, and box light on his feet. I

just think he hasnt had to do it yet but he has it in his arsenal. I dont think he can move super fast like Floyd before recently but I think maybe you can see him be a lil nice on his feet like Floyd vs Mosley or something

His footwork seem stationary.

I think personally it's more to do with the fact he's been able to just walk forward and sit in the pocket against the people he's been fighting.

I think if he's forced to move, he will be able to move. We've seen snippets of his movement in earlier fights.

But time will tell.

Comment

You want us to tell you what we think about something that he hasn't shown but YOU THINK is there?

What I can do is tell you about what we've seen and that's no footwork. A wide stationary stance which will struggle vs someone who moves and doesn't stand there when he walks them down.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

He has a very wide stance. Because of that he can't move very well, just his upper body.

Comment

He has no real foot work just good defense upper body wise, you can look at other fights when they push him back he only moves back in a straight line and waits for the opurtunity to reset his wide foot stance.

he does do nothing but that.

Comment

Stationary, only movement I've seen is a repeated hop-step when hes walked down midgets.

Quite typical of a top-half heavy fighter tbh, Andre Berto is the same.

Comment

Just seems to walk fighters down thats it no real fancy foot movement till he tries to dance and thats not really fancy either. I'd like to see him get in with someone he cant just move forward against

Comment

I also feel his style is more comparable to that of James Toney than a Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                  You want us to tell you what we think about something that he hasn't shown but YOU THINK is there?

What I can do is tell you about what we've seen and that's no footwork. A wide stationary stance which will struggle vs someone who moves and doesn't stand there when he walks them down.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  Ka-ching, this right here. I've seen nothing of his movement to make an accurate assessment. Except to say that id he stands in front of bigger more powerful fighters he'll get raped & I can't wait to see it.

Comment

He does what works for the people he's been fighting cause they're smaller so he's been able to walk them down. I hope that's not all he has to offer cause once he steps up he'll have to be more mobile. Standing that much in the pocket is gonna shorten his career and get him hurt at higher weight classes.

Bottom line is he still hasn't shown any type of foot work.

Comment

Working...
                    X