Is Khan an Elite Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, he is... one of the best in the world

Comment

Going by the definition of the word "elite" being the best or most skilled members of a group and considering that there are over 1500 Jr WW's out there for me being ranked in the top 5 or 10 in the division means you're an elite fighter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again whoever thinks Khan's not elite @ 140 is ******ed. That is all.

Comment

I'd say no. But then again, hey, what do I know? I'm just some geek behind a keyboard

Comment

Not yet, has the potential to be........the man just lost, sure the opponent was roided up but...

Few more wins for him to be considered elite.

Comment

Khan is a great fighter at 140, to determine if he is an "Elite" fighter has yet to be seen! Once a step up in weight and win a title; then I would label him an Elite Fighter. Till then, the best at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
              Going by the definition of the word "elite" being the best or most skilled members of a group and considering that there are over 1500 Jr WW's out there for me being ranked in the top 5 or 10 in the division means you're an elite fighter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again whoever thinks Khan's not elite @ 140 is ******ed. That is all.
              I agree with all this.

To say he is not an elite fighter after universally being recognized as at least one of the top 5 at 140 out of 1500 professionals is a bit of a nonsense.

Comment

This question really hinges on how you define elite. The standard of fighters at 140 is very poor right nowand Khan is the best of a poor bunch right now. So you could say he is the elite of that division.
                To me elite fighters are complete fighters and the bar is set much higher than just being the best of a weak weight division. When I think of elite names like Mayweather, Leonard, Hearns, Duran , Hagler,Ward come to mind. To me Khan just does not compare against these guys on many levels. He has lost twice but to poor oposition. In his last fight he showed he was completely lacking in infighting abilities and inability to take pressure. IMO you have to be a complete fighter to be considered elite.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post

Based on your definition, Danny Garcia is elite. Also, that makes Vanes, Brian Magee, Cleverly, Judah (he is past his best days), Hank Lundy, and Vicente Escobedo elite.

Aside from Manny, who got TKO twice, and Martinez TKO from Tony, they earned elite status during their career. Guys like Floyd, Ward, Gamboa prove they are elite beating guys like Prescott convincingly and not being bullied and almost KO by a robot like Chino. Go and look how Cotto fought Margarito the second time and compared that to the Petterson fight. Two different ways of fighting from the back foot and fighting smart inside and moving effectively.

He can become elite, but he is not elite right now, IMO.

Comment

Elite fighters don't lose to Lamont Peterson.

Comment

Elite as in championship level fighter? Yes. Elite as in a true A level fighter? No.

Comment

Working...
                      X