Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert Garcia > Freddie Roach

Garcia has the best stable in boxing.

Comment

Freddie Roach is the most overrated trainer in the history of boxing. All he does is feed his fighter's PED's, be an annoying media whore who always contradicts himself and cherry pick overmatched opponents for his fighters. The fact that this man is in the Hall of Fame disgusts me.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
        Freddie Roach is the most overrated trainer in the history of boxing. All he does is feed his fighter's PED's, be an annoying media whore who always contradicts himself and cherry pick overmatched opponents for his fighters. The fact that this man is in the Hall of Fame disgusts me.
        Some boxing fans are so gullible and thick as $ hit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
          And the majority of those fighters left Roach for other trainers. Rigondeux prolly was like WTF am I doing with this guy and left his ass and never looked back.
          rigobdeaux left because he wanted more one on one time with Roach, and with the amount of fighters he trains he just couldn't get it. that is the one big problem with roach is that he trains too many guys.

people don't understand how many guys roach trains, its not just the bigger names its bums and no hopers as well. I've seen him in Tacoma, WA on a card not even on TV and roach was in the corner of a guy with a record of like 10-7 and another that same card who was like 6-9. roach will train anyone even if they stink and will never be anything, which imo is a bit admirable as he's trying to help people make a living. on the other hand he is stretched thin.

Comment

freddie roach is trainer of the 3 years in a row! how many other trainer can battle with parkisnons disease and be that?? also he trains manny pacquiao aka fighter of the decade who hasnt lost in many many years so how can u say hes bad? he also have juilio chavez who is also undefeatedbut undefeated doesnt mean much but he still a great fighter but pacquiao is his greatest accomplishment

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              rigobdeaux left because he wanted more one on one time with Roach, and with the amount of fighters he trains he just couldn't get it. that is the one big problem with roach is that he trains too many guys.

people don't understand how many guys roach trains, its not just the bigger names its bums and no hopers as well. I've seen him in Tacoma, WA on a card not even on TV and roach was in the corner of a guy with a record of like 10-7 and another that same card who was like 6-9. roach will train anyone even if they stink and will never be anything, which imo is a bit admirable as he's trying to help people make a living. on the other hand he is stretched thin.
              Yeah he is meant to work the mitts up to 70 rounds a day, and to be so active with Parkinsons is makes it all the more amazing.

But he probably does spread himself to thin.

Comment

Wow that is pretty cool but at the same time like you say probably taking on too much.I think Freddie is a very good trainer who has been overhyped in the media

Comment

Roach gets a lot of props soley because of Pac.
                  I think when you come to Roach you take what you can then find another trainer to also teach you some defense and the things Roach doesn't.
                  But nobody is worse than Paul Williams Coach that dude has been getting hit by the same punch for the last 4-5 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                    Wow that is pretty cool but at the same time like you say probably taking on too much.I think Freddie is a very good trainer who has been overhyped in the media
                    yeah but I welcome it. he has a very interesting story and boxing needs all the stars we can get. its not often a trainer is so well known, not these days anyway.

maybe this will open the doors for a mayweather reality show lol.

Comment

This could be why his fighters aren't being shown enough skills and just gameplans instead.

One of my friends fought on that tactown card and even has a photo with Roach.

Comment

Working...
                      X