Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving House

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're questioning money then the woman/wife doesn't mean that much to you

As a man you will contribute more, you'll likely earn more, if you have kids the wife will likely look after the family while you work & earn the money
    If you've kids you want them to have the best, do you want to be a dad that always asks for 50% contribution when spending money on your child?

Comment

I personally wouldn't care and am in a similar situation. I put a much larger amount into our new house than she did but it doesnt bother me at all. The only way I'd have an issue with it is if 1. I didn't trust her or 2. She doesn't have a big down payment because she's wasted her money on stupidity. I wouldn't be with a woman who falls into either two of those points.

Comment

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
        If you're questioning money then the woman/wife doesn't mean that much to you

As a man you will contribute more, you'll likely earn more, if you have kids the wife will likely look after the family while you work & earn the money
        If you've kids you want them to have the best, do you want to be a dad that always asks for 50% contribution when spending money on your child?
        Once you actually have a family sure. Not before.

Until that family is there the wedding certificate doesn't really mean anything. She could get bored and cheat tomorrow. Women are fickle.

It's a sad world we live in but better off just being ready.

Comment

No I obviously would not.

I'd match her 20K and rent my house out.

I knew you were stupid, but not that stupid.

Comment

Me and my girl are thinking of getting a house soon, and it'll be the opposite... She'd be putting more in, cause I'm a pretty boi beta.

Comment

Me and my gf both make 6 figures. She actually make a little more. I own a house $380,000 last appraisal. She doesn't . I have savings, I'm sure she has more. All this MONEY you think we should have pre nup?. We both came from the Philippines where there is no divorce and very, very few has pre-nup.

Personally I couldn't care less about pre-nup. I'm marrying for life and should sh.it happens id deal with it later. It's not like I'm a millionaire marrying a hoe.

So to OP, you are starting off the wrong foot if you think about money and prenup and divorce now. But then again you're a westerner with probably a different mind set.

Comment

Ask yourself the question why would the difference in amount bothered you.
                Do you trust her or really want to spend your life with her.

And if you have that question right now. Hold off the buying of bigger abode for now and settle for what you have right now ( perhaps 3 years) . and ease her into saving some more money for the down payment....

Comment

Working...
                X