Floyd Mayweather Jr. has 'interest' in Robert Guerrero as next foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great money fight for the ghost.

Comment

As expected. Floyd is salivating over the Guerrero fight. Why not try to fight Canelo, Pac, or Martinez? Oh right because a win is not guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        Its only an interest! In translation: I will find another beatable opponent
        PACfraud will not fight him so his easy fight options appear limited.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Guerrero's got skill, grit, determination, heart and experience - I don't see why this is not an interesting fight to fans here. Also, lol @ this being a "safe" fight. C'mon, Roberts a young skilled fighter in his prime and he's showed he can take and deliver some hard power punches at ww. I don't see what there's not to like about this matchup.
          Exactly! Hes earned it for me and i would love to see him in the ring vs mayweather to see what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            I say its terrible because he's going to fight Guererro, win 9 rounds, make $40 million and not fight again until 2014.
            That's the thing. This would probably be the lowest tier fight Floyd has taken since Baldomir or Judah. But I mean those were decent/solid wins over Top 5 WW's. But he was fighting 2 times a year back in 2006. Ortiz was a solid win over the then #2 WW in the world, coming off an impressive win over then unbeaten Berto. Guerrero is a Top WW, but if Floyd fights him and than doesn't fight until Canelo in May 2014, it's like what the hell??? If he fights Guerrero, he damn well better fight in the fall again.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              I say its terrible because he's going to fight Guererro, win 9 rounds, make $40 million and not fight again until 2014.
              This is what irks me the most.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Guerrero's got skill, grit, determination, heart and experience - I don't see why this is not an interesting fight to fans here. Also, lol @ this being a "safe" fight. C'mon, Roberts a young skilled fighter in his prime and he's showed he can take and deliver some hard power punches at ww. I don't see what there's not to like about this match up.
                Id looooove to see this fight. Rob G has everything in his arsenal to beat or make any fight with any fighter 140-147 a nightmare. Id love to see Floyd take this fight. LOVE IT!!

Comment

Wouldn't it be amazing if Floyd took the Ghost for a chump and got bullied around and beaten up by him? Guerrero automatically p4p#1 ....

Comment

Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
                    Yep. That's my main problem. These "tune up" fights, should be followed by an immediate fight, there after. Not another years layoff. Hence, "tune up".
                    This is highway robbery without a gun and a mask.

So we get the privilege to see the two greatest fighters of our era not fighting each other, but instead fighting Brandon Rios and Robert Guerrero.

But I must say, great business moves by both Top Rank and GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      I don't really want this fight, it's a decent win for Floyd at best. It's on the level of Pac-Clottey. A decent fight against a Top 10 WW, but not a big or really good win. A decent one.
                      Clottey > Guerrero by a large margin. Not in the same level. Guerrero might only be considered a top WW because how weak the division is right now.

Floyd can fight all the Guerreros in the world he wants, but he better fight more than once a year this time.

Comment

Working...
                      X