Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does America tolerate far right commentators like Glenn Beck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does America tolerate far right commentators like Glenn Beck?

I thinks it's extremely disturbing that large sections of American society give credence to far right (extremist) political commentators like Glenn Beck and company.

Glenn Beck isn't some small time radio crackpot, but a leading figurehead for one of America's largest television networks. It's akin to Nick Griffin being given hour long tv spots everyday on the BBC to spread his racist agenda. It just wouldn't happen over here, so why is it tolerated in America? This is a man who compared the murdered Norwegian teenagers to the Hitler youth. How any American can take this guy seriously I don't know, yet he has a large and ever growing contingent of loyal followers that believe in his every word.

I find it very weird indeed.

I saw him interview that Dave Von Kleist, that 911 conspiracy theorist, he came across like a patronizing ****.

Comment

Glenn Beck to me isn't even the biggest threat to rational thinking in America, it's by far Rush Limbaugh. If you think Beck has a following, look up Rush Limbaugh, he is 10x as big.

He has direct influence over members of congress, so much so that there have been politicians who have APOLOGIZED after being chastised by Limbaugh.

American politics are moving to the fringes, there is less and less compromise and rational thought, and more and more extremism. The problem is, America is full of idiots so it's easy to sway them, just like you would herd sheep for the slaughter.
      Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 07-29-2011, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        Glenn Beck to me isn't even the biggest threat to rational thinking in America, it's by far Rush Limbaugh. If you think Beck has a following, look up Rush Limbaugh, he is 10x as big.

He has direct influence over members of congress, so much so that there have been politicians who have APOLOGIZED after being chastised by Limbaugh.

American politics are moving to the fringes, there is less and less compromise and rational thought, and more and more extremism. The problem is, America is full of idiots so it's easy to sway them, just like you would herd sheep for the slaughter.
        you are %100 right.

Limbaugh has actual influence in politics. Some say hes the head of the Republican party.

When you have the head of the RNC apologizing to rush, like a little bitch that's when you know you have real power.

Glenn Beck is acknowledged by everyone as an imbecile.

Comment

The large majority of us Americans recognize Glenn Beck as nothing more than an entertainer. Even those who liked him don't anymore apparently, since he is off air after this year.

The right wing conservatives really aren't the majority they appear to be. They are just the loudest, so they get the most attention.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post

rush is not what he use to be.

rush was even more influential 20 years ago.

that fool back then had more listeners than howard stern and his books were bestsellers.

Comment

Glenn Beck reminds me of an 80s wrestler. I bet he could have cut a great promo.

Comment

freedom of speech, and a government that has lied through ass for the last few decades...

Comment

It's basically because people are ignorant. When you don't know your facts you tend to gravitate to whatever you think SOUNDS good. I have thoroughly listened to both sides before I decided who I wanted to ride with. Sometimes it baffles me how some people take Beck seriously but people genuinely do, it's truly sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X