No announcement yet.

Calzaghe Diehard Stans, Come In Here. *Dawson Related*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
    Six months ago people were holding up Pavlik's record saying it was better than Calzaghe's. This has been going on for years and the truth is there is nothing Calzaghe can do to convince some people.
    if calzaghe beats Dawson, no can say anything against him anymore. beating Dawson would catapult him to ATG status.

Comment

People don't realise that Calzaghe was an old man when he beat the old men. Dawson is in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        I know Hopkins was at the top...

im comparing

Joe fought Hopkins and Jones...

Hopkins was understandable, jones wasnt.

Dawson fought Tarver and Johnson..

both were understandable... besides hopkins, they were the two top fighters
        I dont see how Jones wasnt understandable yet Tarver was?

Like I said, Tarver was only considered a top fighter again because he beat Clinton Woods. A guy that Jones has already beaten and could've easily beaten again.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
          if calzaghe beats Dawson, no can say anything against him anymore. beating Dawson would catapult him to ATG status.
          Yeah..........im sure thats what would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
            if calzaghe beats Dawson, no can say anything against him anymore.
            Sorry but this isn't anything new, you have to accept that.

Calzaghe's beaten more Americans than any other nation. Rather then that bringing him the accolades many say it will on the 'next time' it's often brought on some new haters and criticisers that go back on his resume and exaggerate things more.

I do think since Hopkins beating Pavlik, and Calzaghe looking good at least against RJJ, that most do now accept he's the best LHW. But still, too many believe Dawson is given the rankings and whom they've beaten. You can't blame Calzaghe for just not wanting to bother again with a fight that'll apparently lose him a load of haters, yet another time.

Comment

Calzaghe should fight Joe Frazier.... I saw Smokin' Joe in an interview the other day and he looked pretty chipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                I dont see how Jones wasnt understandable yet Tarver was?

Like I said, Tarver was only considered a top fighter again because he beat Clinton Woods. A guy that Jones has already beaten and could've easily beaten again.
                Tarver has not been out of the ring top 5 in almost a decade since he came on the scene. Not only that but he was also a champion who had just beat another top 5 fighter in Woods. Tarver was ranked at 3 when Dawson beat him. Jones was not top 10 at all, and in his comeback the fighters that he beat was not even full light heavyweights and he didn't really look ''great'' in neither of them.

Comment

Seriously though, it'd be nice to see Joe beat a legit LHW as he's supposed to be the No.1 in the division. Hop might have been "the man", but he was blown up like Joe Blow himself, and Roy was shot.

I agree he should fight Dawson. But $$$/£££ seems to dictate TOO MUCH these days.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                    Sorry but this isn't anything new, you have to accept that.

Calzaghe's beaten more Americans than any other nation. Rather then that bringing him the accolades many say it will on the 'next time' it's often brought on some new haters and criticisers that go back on his resume and exaggerate things more.

I do think since Hopkins beating Pavlik, and Calzaghe looking good at least against RJJ, that most do now accept he's the best LHW. But still, too many believe Dawson is given the rankings and whom they've beaten. You can't blame Calzaghe for just not wanting to bother again with a fight that'll apparently lose him a load of haters, yet another time.
                    how many prime great fighters has Calzaghe beaten? name one... just one, and you win this argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      Calzaghe should fight Joe Frazier.... I saw Smokin' Joe in an interview the other day and he looked pretty chipper.

Comment

Working...
                      X