Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Fury have a weak chin since he was dropped by a cruiser?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
    He's been dropped twice by very weak punchers so Idk, he's really slick so most fighters don't get to his chin, and other Wlad he's never faced a power puncher
    I wasn't aware he was dropped twice by weak punchers. Maybe his chin isn;t as great as I thought. He beat Chisora twice and he is a good puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Absolutely not. He has a great chin. He got caught by surprise with a perfect punch by a 215 pound boxer. He was up in a flash an didn't seem hurt at all. One flash knockdown in an entire career that includes fights with big punchers is not a weak chin.
      he has been dropped more then once

Comment

I don't think he has the greatest chin in the world, he's been hurt a few times earlier on in his career. However he's hardly had a jab landed on him in his last few fights, let alone a flush shot.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I wouldn't take that knockdown as 'proof' of a bad chin. It was a flush, fully loaded-up shot. I think anyone getting caught that clean by a decent cruiser could go down. The bigger issue from that knockdown was that he could get caught so clean. It suggested he was reckless and sloppy, but the Klitschko fight showed otherwise.

I don't he has a cast iron chin by any measure. But I don't think he's glass either.

Comment

Fury got up from the Cunningham knockdown with strong legs and he didn't look dazed. That knockdown was evidence of ****iness more than anything else.

Comment

He doesn't do the chicken dance. He gets knocked down but is never rocked. Always gets up and wins. If anything, it shows his true champion pedigree.

Comment

I'd put it more down to inexperience. He didn't respect Cunninghams power being a blown up Cruiserweight and fought wreckless running face first into several flush overhand rights.
                He clearly learned from it and learned to utilize his height and reach better. Often fighters will have more power when they move up and aren't draining themselves. If memory serves Steve also put down Mansour who is a Juggernaut.

As for the Canadian he got caught squared up.

I don't think he has a bad chin by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I wasn't aware he was dropped twice by weak punchers. Maybe his chin isn;t as great as I thought. He beat Chisora twice and he is a good puncher.
                  but Chisroa has never even dropped a top fighter in his career, even the Malik Scott victory he was losing but Malik Scott just said **** it and quit

Comment

Fury was clowning around and standing square on when Cunningham dropped him. He brushed his hair back, got up, didn't seemed buzzed, then gone on to do a job on Steve being the only man to this day to have stopped him inside the distance.

Other than that, I think he has a good chin. It's not iron or anything, but still good. It gets him to where he needs to be.

Comment

Every heavyweight in the world except Ray Mercer and V. Klitchko have weak chins if they get hit on the button.

Comment

Working...
                      X