Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If brooks so **** then is it a great win for spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    Just interested to know what the reaction will be if spence beats him?

Cause GGG got the square root of **** all credit for beating brook, i know he went up two divisions but its just as hard going back down two divisions when you consider the muscle mass he put on.

Didnt look like much of a size difference to me really on fight night despite people making it out to be david v goliath.

And also lots of people slagging brook off, 'euro bum', 'the guy who nearly lost to carson jones', saying he's got a weak cv.

So if spence beats him i dont want him suddenly being thrown on the P4P list (Or in teddy atlas's case, moved up further).

And for the record i would say its a good win for spence cause it was a good win for GGG too and i think brooks a very solid fighter, before you all start whining.
    Dude ggg made him go up two weight classes
    Come on simpleton

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      Brook moved up 2 divisions to fight GGG...Brooks resume is ****..no one will act like it is a great win for Spence,,just a stepping stone to greater things..grow the **** up

via GIPHY

Comment

I thought Brook was another Euro-Hype until he faught Porter...
        I was watching it with a couple of fellow boxing fans and we were genuinely surprised that Brook was able to handle Porter...
        Porter wasn't messing around either, but he overexerted himself chasing the exchanges...

I'll be honest, we were watching to see Porter win... But Brook gained a certain measure of respect from me that night... The GGG fight was a money grab for Brook, he had no business being in the ring with Triple G... But he looked quite competent the first few rounds...

Spence needs to be patient and let it come to him... That's a tall order from such a young prospect/contender... I'll be watching this one... If Brook does win, I hope Spence walks away with something... If Spence wins, I hope he measures his options well, there's still room for growth...

I really want to see Spence mix it up with Bud, but he's at least 4 fights away from that... No time to rush, time is on both their sides...

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Should be a good fight. But going back down in weight is a valid point.
          Brook isn't going any further back in weight than he has for the last couple of years.

He has been walking around at 180-185 between fights for at least that long and cuts a lot of weight.

For GGG he just didnt diet and cut as much weight, that's all.

Comment

Working...
          X