Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs. Khan on April 23: Fighters Announce Deal is Reached

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Not if he couldn't KO Algieri, couldn't KO Bradley, couldn't KO Marquez, couldn't KO Rios......
    Pac scored knockdowns against all of them except Rios. His left straight can knockdown anyone. Vargas ate one and Vargas is thought to have a chin.

Those guys got up because they don't stay down. Question is... When Khan eventually gets tagged by Pac's left.. how will he react?

Comment

Wow, surprise bu this fight. Gonna root for Pac to win but i see Khan running to win by decision.

Comment

We also learned from TBE that all you have to do to nullify Pacquiao is stay at distance and jab. Khan's jab is his best punch and he's fast enough to stay away from Manny's setup punch.
        Floyd has ATG defense. And he had clear height/reach advantage over Manny. He used that and engaged very little. He knew if he opened up, he would've got countered. He didn't take those risks. Lowest punch output of his career, right?

Khan does engage and he doesn't have the same reflexes as Floyd clearly. He has height/reach advantage over Pac as well, but his defense is not on Floyd's level. This version of Pac is a very good counter puncher. Khan will get countered.
        Last edited by Strategic1; 02-26-2017, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
          Pac scored knockdowns against all of them except Rios. His left straight can knockdown anyone. Vargas ate one and Vargas is thought to have a chin.

Those guys got up because they don't stay down. Question is... When Khan eventually gets tagged by Pac's left.. how will he react?
          Again, Khan took bombs from Maidana that made Ortiz quit. Algieri got dropped quite a few times - but not stopped.

That's all I'm saying. I'm fairly certain Pac can drop Khan. I'm not so certain Pac can STOP or KO Khan.

Floyd has ATG defense. And he had clear height/reach advantage over Manny. He used that and engaged very little. He knew if he opened up, he would've got countered. He didn't take those risks. Lowest punch output of his career, right?

Khan does engage and he doesn't have the same reflexes as Floyd clearly. He has height/reach advantage over Pac as well, but his defense is not on Floyd's level. This version of Pac is a very good counter puncher. Khan will get countered.
          Countered, sure. KO'd? Not sure. Manny doesn't have that instinct anymore. He wouldn't even put Marquez away in the 4th fight - and got slept for his troubles.

Comment

He did knock down Rios.

Comment

Again, Khan took bombs from Maidana that made Ortiz quit. Algieri got dropped quite a few times - but not stopped.

That's all I'm saying. I'm fairly certain Pac can drop Khan. I'm not so certain Pac can STOP or KO Khan.

Countered, sure. KO'd? Not sure. Manny doesn't have that instinct anymore. He wouldn't even put Marquez away in the 4th fight - and got slept for his troubles.
              Fair enough. He did try and put away JMM...but of course, KTFO 6 happened.

But yea I agree a KO isn't likely... The only way I think is if the fight is extremely competitive and there's blood. lol..then old Pac would do whatever is necessary.

But if Pac senses he's up comfortably,.. he'll just settle in and not take the chance of getting hit like KTFO6.

Comment

The Con has won the the lottery without Mayweather. Trust me the Con hit the jackpot so he'll will retire after this. Avoids Brook, Thurman, Broner, and all other welterweight threats.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                  Wow, surprise bu this fight. Gonna root for Pac to win but i see Khan running to win by decision.
                  nope.. too much on the line for khan to run. i think he's going to want to prove to roach that he was the better fighter. khan has too much pride.

he could have won a lot of his fights had he stick to the plan and "run" but he will always bang it out sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    He did knock down Rios.
                    I'm trying to remember. I don't think there was an 'official' knockdown. Rios hit the mat but it was ruled a slip. It could've been a knockdown I think. But he caught Rios off balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                      jeff horn would ko khan like it's nothing..but w/e bro
                      I said interesting. Honestly, I don't know anything about Horn.

Neither does Pacquaio apparently.

But be real. Would you rather see Pac vs. Horn or Pac vs. Khan.

I love these types of match-ups where if either guy loses, I'll have a reason to laugh. I respect them as boxers, but I don't really like either of these dudes, and I'm big enough to admit that. In the best of both worlds, they will both throw hooks and there will be a double knockout.

Comment

Working...
                      X