Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Pleads With Wilder To Start Fighting Better Opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    Martin, Breazeale and Whyte would all be tough fights for Wilder and let's face it, if he had fought those undefeated guys then the Wilder defence squad would be pointing out that they were undefeated...

Look how much a deal they make out of the Povetkin fight falling through, it sounds like they basically gave him the W for that fight.... "he agreed to fight Povetkin (fight was mandated)..... he agreed to go to Russia (promoter lost the purse bid and thus the location rights)"
    Er yeah, not really.

Dont really care what the "Wilder defence squad" would say. Who has Joshua fought in the top 10? I count Charles Martin who's not good either.

So a guy who's a world champion has fought 1 guy in the top 10 is telling another guy to up his comp. Hence; Rich.

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      That's why I don't get people asking who has Joshua fought.

Joshua is 4 years younger and has been a pro for half the time, Wilder has and has half his fights. What had Wilder done in 2012/13 after 20 odd fights??

Washington is the first undefeated guy Wilder has fought since Kelvin Price (I know you're wondering "who da hell was that?")
      Joshua is being pushed as quick as anybig big heavyweight prospect as I can remember - I believe also one of the heavyweights who was champion the quickest (amount of fights) after turning pro. As far as I remember only Leon Spinks had less fights.

He's stepping up to fight Klitschko in his next fight plus already has a top 10 name (at the time) on his resume in Charles Martin who many at the time believed was a tricky match up for him.

He's being moved along as he should.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        He's scheduled to fight Klitschko. He has 18 fights.
        He's stepping up, Wilder isn't. Has been pro half the time or less.

Your comment was misplaced.
        Ok so? He hasn't fought him yet.

Wilder was sceduled to fight Povetkin.

Again, I don't care how many fights he's had, I don't care how long he's been a pro and I don't care who he is sceduled to fight. His resume is pure garbage as it stands, fact. He has fought one opponent in the top 10 - fact. Hence; That's rich.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Er yeah, not really.

Dont really care what the "Wilder defence squad" would say. Who has Joshua fought in the top 10? I count Charles Martin who's not good either.

So a guy who's a world champion has fought 1 guy in the top 10 is telling another guy to up his comp. Hence; Rich.
          But AJ is stepping up himself so it's not rich

He is literally stepping up to the #1 active guy in the division. So how is it rich to tell Wilder he needs to step up?

He's not saying he has a bad resume like you say. He says he needs to step up which he himself has signed to do.

Comment

Er yeah, not really.

Been a pro for half the time, half the fights and is 4 years younger and one victory away from having a better resume than Wilder, most would regard him as the better fighter between the 2. Has a huge following in his home nation and wants Wilder to fight better opponents so their future clash can be bigger.

What is rich about that?

Comment

Ok so? He hasn't fought him yet.

Wilder was sceduled to fight Povetkin.

Again, I don't care how many fights he's had, I don't care how long he's been a pro and I don't care who he is sceduled to fight. His resume is pure garbage as it stands, fact. He has fought one opponent in the top 10 - fact. Hence; That's rich.
              Yeah and it fell out. What did he do? Rushed into a useless fight with fat slob arreola.

Hence the need to step up. Not rich at all and completely fair comment. I saw the interview from AJ and he wasn't even harsh. He said from a fans perspective he'd like to see a proper fight being made that the fans can look forward to instead of these 4 week prep crap defenses.

Comment

What don't you get?

It's rich for someone with a garbage resume to tell another fighter to fight better opponents.

At which point of the above are you lost?
                Nah you definitely lost, 4 years pro, decent names for a fighter who wasn't a stellar amateur, not going through the 30-0 bums route, at 18-0 he is now fighting Wlad, Wilder has on a number of occasions called on Joshua and even accuse him of fighting bum, your comments shows a lack of knowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  I wanted to see Wilder against a top guy for the last 5 years. Povetkin was supposed to be that guy, and I'm obviously that's not Deontay's fault that fight didn't happen. Yet that single fight is no excuse for the 36 other bums he's faced 5 of them as a champion.

Washington is at least a step up from Wrazyk or whatever his name is who's truthfully alike to some of those guys David Haye fought in his last two fights.

Wilder keeps saying he'll step it up, but it never happens. I had my hopes for him some years ago, but now that hope is fading. Imo he's fighting bums until he can get on PPV vs a Joshua or Fury and has no intentions of going through real contenders. But I'll change my mind if I see him face an Ortiz or someone like that.

I definitely respect Joshua more at this stage, I actually thought the Wlad fight would never happen, I was thinking Hearn and sky would milk his PPV/Olympic status and feast him on bums, but the level of his competition so far isn't bad at all.

Yes the HW is not stacked at the moment or over the last years, but hopefully the Joshua's, Parker's can lead the line in competitive fights, Wilder resume is terrible for someone that has been a HW longer than Joshua and Parker, and hopefully he steps it up now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Nah you definitely lost, 4 years pro, decent names for a fighter who wasn't a stellar amateur, not going through the 30-0 bums route, at 18-0 he is now fighting Wlad, Wilder has on a number of occasions called on Joshua and even accuse him of fighting bum, your comments shows a lack of knowledge.
                    Yes now I am lost.

Lack of knowledge how? Wilder has on a number of occasions accused him of fighting bums...Ok? And your point is?

Joshua has fought "decent names"? He's world champion and his resume is crap with one fighter faced in the top 10. "Decent"

For the last time, I-dont-care-how-long-hes-been-a-pro. His resume is crap, fact. Simple as that. So with that fact in mind, it's rich for him to tell another fighter to up their comp.

I'm not comparing the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      I definitely respect Joshua more at this stage, I actually thought the Wlad fight would never happen, I was thinking Hearn and sky would milk his PPV/Olympic status and feast him on bums, but the level of his competition so far isn't bad at all.

Yes the HW is not stacked at the moment or over the last years, but hopefully the Joshua's, Parker's can lead the line in competitive fights, Wilder resume is terrible for someone that has been a HW longer than Joshua and Parker, and hopefully he steps it up now.
                      Ah yes, not bad at all.

He's only a world champion with two defenses and has 1 win over a top 10 opponent (who wasn't even good anyway)

Here's me thinking you are supposed to fight top 10 guys when you are a contender.

Comment

Working...
                      X