Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who in your opinion is the toughest man ever to walk the earth ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
    I didn't know that
    Losing one of my kids would destroy me
    I fear it more than anything
    You understand where I'm coming from. I've seen George in documentaries and shows since all that. You can't see into a person's soul, but he appears unbent to me. He still has that energy and charisma. Seems incredible to me. Just a force of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      You understand where I'm coming from. I've seen George in documentaries and shows since all that. You can't see into a person's soul, but he appears unbent to me. He still has that energy and charisma. Seems incredible to me. Just a force of nature.
      Yeah now you told me that I'm guna find a book bout him
      Thanks for the info bud
      Good choice

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
        Yeah now you told me that I'm guna find a book bout him
        Thanks for the info bud
        Good choice
        My pleasure. There's an excellent documentary called "The Last Round: Chuvalo vs Ali" (2003). It's available on DVD, but I'm sure you can stream it. Well worth your time. George makes for an interesting subject. Larger than life kind of guy.

Comment

How would one know? Billions of people over 100's of thousands of years! Cavemen alone must ave had it incredibly tough by todays standards.

THOR HEYERDAHL

Heyerdahl had a wild theory that Polynesians originally came from South America, having sailed over 4,000 miles, nearly 3,000 years ago. In 1947 he set out to recreate their trip on a hand-built balsa-wood raft, pulling in sharks and battling unthinkable storms. And, yes, after 101 days of hell he and his team made it.

EDWARD WHYMPER

In the 1800s, Whymper pioneered climbing as we know it by scrambling across the Alps in petrifying conditions. People like me owe him so much - he was a classic Englishman. He lost four of his men in the course of mapping all the routes we now have. What's more, he climbed with little more than old hemp ropes.

ERNEST SHACKLETON

Shackleton's 1914-17 Antarctic exploration is the classic in terms of inspirational leadership in the face of unbelievable agony. He endured his boat being crushed by ice, living on a tiny iceberg, crossing the freezing ocean (twice) and traversing a mountain range - yet he didn't lose a single man.

JAMES RILEY

Riley's cargo ship ran aground off the coast of north-west Africa in 1815. He and his men were captured by Sahrawi tribesmen, believed to be cannibals. They were kept as slaves, dragged behind camels across the sand. Eventually Riley was ransomed and sent home, but his weight had fallen from 17st to barely 6st.

RANULPH FIENNES

His unsupported walk across Antarctica via the South Pole in 1992-93 with Mike Stroud is the benchmark for modern exploration. They were frostbitten and starving when they were discovered. The pain, the blisters - Fiennes (above left, with Stroud) fought it all with a level head and a determination to battle on. An inspiring story of human endurance.

CORNELIUS ROST

Rost was a German soldier taken prisoner by the Russians in 1945. He was sent to a gulag in northern Siberia, where he worked at the face of a lead mine for four years. But he escaped and survived being chased across Siberia by Cossacks, crossing Russia, Mongolia and Central Asia, reaching Iran in 1952.

DOUGLAS MAWSON

Mawson got into trouble in the Antarctic in 1912, when a member of his three-man sledging team fell into a crevasse with most of their rations. He and the other man, Mertz, were forced to eat their dogs - ingesting toxic levels of vitamin A. Mertz went mad and died; only Mawson made it, driven on by the desire to propose to his girlfriend. He's an unsung hero.

WILLIAM ASH

Ash was a WWII pilot who was shot down and sent to a POW camp. This place was hell, but it was next to another camp full of Russians that was even worse. The Russians were being starved to death. Ash realised that because they were so weak, the Germans didn't guard them as well, so he swapped places with a Russian. After months of agony he eventually got out, and was sheltered by nuns. However, he went mad with fever and walked straight into a Gestapo HQ. He was skinned, soaked in brine, his fingernails were pulled off, but he still never spoke of the nuns who sheltered him.

SIMON MURRAY

A girl rejected Murray's proposal of marriage when he was 19. His reaction? 'I'm going to go and join the Foreign Legion - that'll teach her.' The Legion was at its most brutal at this stage, the early Sixties. Simon went through so much pain and suffering, but he went on to found Orange and make his fortune.

CHRIS RYAN

I know Chris and he's a good guy. In the first Iraq war, he was a member of the Bravo Two Zero patrol. When the mission went wrong, Chris evaded capture and trekked 200 miles without food or water, through hostile terrain, to escape. It's one of the great SAS

Comment

Smedley butler. Chesty puller, john basilone!

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
              ghenkis khan
              Good call, by all accounts the guy could actually fight mano a mano as well as being an almost incomparable general. Then again the same could be said for both Alexander the Great and Julius Cesear.

IMO the actual baddest man ever (or at least the most bloodthirsty) was probably Iosef Vissarionovich Dzugashvili (Stalin) but despite his early career as a bandit and bank robber probably doesn't qualify as the 'toughest'.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Good call, by all accounts the guy could actually fight mano a mano as well as being an almost incomparable general. Then again the same could be said for both Alexander the Great and Julius Cesear.

IMO the actual baddest man ever (or at least the most bloodthirsty) was probably Iosef Vissarionovich Dzugashvili (Stalin) but despite his early career as a bandit and bank robber probably doesn't qualify as the 'toughest'.
                nah. gotta go with the Mongol warrior Khan. tbh I did think of Alexander and Ceasar, but history and culture from their books completely provide testimony that they took it in the ass and served other men. So no to old school Greek cultures..

Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  nah. gotta go with the Mongol warrior Khan. tbh I did think of Alexander and Ceasar, but history and culture from their books completely provide testimony that they took it in the ass and served other men. So no to old school Greek cultures..

Khan.
                  The Greeks certainly had no problem with a bit of buggery, though the Romans were a bit more coy about it. Not sure it makes them any less tough though, that's just imposing modern stereotypes which I don't think are necessarily accurate even today. That said the Mongols and other steppe tribes are regarded even today as tough mfers - a product of an exceptionally unforgiving environment, more so in many ways than the relatively far more bountiful Mediterranean.

Dunno if you're into historical fiction but Conn Igguldon has written well researched and entertaining series based around both Cesear and Genghis - if it's your thing I'd recommend both.

http://www.conniggulden.com/books

Comment

A chinese delivery guy that I new when I used to work in the South Bronx. The guy would routinely get robbed and at this one time got hit over the head and was bleeding. When the cops showed up he cleaned himself, refuse any service and continued to make his deliveries.

Tough man if you ask me

Comment

• Originally posted by Scary View Post
                      It ain't got nothing on Froch, take a look at Jean Pascal vs. Carl Froch and eat your words.
                      Youves never seen james toney have you,he would laugh in jean pascals face if he landed those shot on toney and counter him with slick rights to an easy win

Toney went up and could still take thr pain,i could see him taking kovalevs punches easy at light heavy i cant say the same for froch

Comment

Working...
                      X