Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Has Mayweather Not Fought the Best Fighter at a Weight Division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

140, but he didn't camp out there.

Shane should probably STFU with his toothaches.

Comment

140 Tszyu
      147 in 06-08 Margarito and Cotto
      09-12 Pacquiao

I also like how people overlook the context of the infamous toothache....what was shane gonna say, "My boss is cuckolding me and wants Floyd first"?
      Last edited by -Hyperion-; 06-05-2016, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
        140 Tszyu
        09-12 Pacquiao
        Pacquiao, Cotto, nor Margarito where ever the best at 147, I believe Floyd has owned that title since moving to the division

Comment

140 Tszyu
          09-12 Pacquiao

I also like how people overlook the context of the infamous toothache....what was shane gonna say, "My boss is cuckolding me and wants Floyd first"?
          I think you'll find Mosley was the man at WW after he beat Margarito who destroyed Cotto. Mayweather fought him.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
            I think you'll find Mosley was the man at WW after he beat Margarito who destroyed Cotto. Mayweather fought him.
            i didnt list Mosley, did i? im saying Shane didnt fight him in 07 because his boss oscar wanted Floyd.

Comment

i didnt list Mosley, did i? im saying Shane didnt fight him in 07 because his boss oscar wanted Floyd.
              Mosley was the man at WW when he beat him not Pacquiao, then Mayweather was the man. Pacquiao was never the best at WW.

Comment

Because Mosley knows what time it is.

Mosley said it that in the lower weights, he had asked Floyd if he was moving up to 135. Which was where Mosley was at and Floyd said he wanted to stay at the lower division to clean up that division.

Later, Floyd didn't want any Mosley fight at 154 and when Mosley said to just wait a month or two more, Floyd said no and fought Baldomir. Strange move by Floyd considering that he wanted to retire. Who do you want on your resume, Baldomir or Mosley?

Other names are Margarito, Manny in 2009/2010, didn't fight an undefeated Cotto, Paul Williams, Sergio Martinez who called Floyd out. He called out Winky Wright but once Winky came to the table, Floyd left it in a hurry.

As some pointed out, Canelo was still green, had issues and weakened by the 152 CW.

Floyd took on opponents while trying to get all the advantages possible while trying to remove the opponents advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                  Mosley was the man at WW when he beat him not Pacquiao, then Mayweather was the man. Pacquiao was never the best at WW.
                  MOSLEY was the man who was about 39 and inactive for 16 months and showed it.

Last edited by ADP02; 06-05-2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    MOSLEY was the man who was about 39 and inactive for 16 months and showed it.

Who Pacquiao ducked to fight Clottey instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      Because Mosley knows what time it is.

Mosley said it that in the lower weights, he had asked Floyd if he was moving up to 135. Which was where Mosley was at and Floyd said he wanted to stay at the lower division to clean up that division.

Later, Floyd didn't want any Mosley fight at 154 and when Mosley said to just wait a month or two more, Floyd said no and fought Baldomir. Strange move by Floyd considering that he wanted to retire. Who do you want on your resume, Baldomir or Mosley?

Other names are Margarito, Manny in 2009/2010, didn't fight an undefeated Cotto, Paul Williams, Sergio Martinez who called Floyd out. He called out Winky Wright but once Winky came to the table, Floyd left it in a hurry.

As some pointed out, Canelo was still green, had issues and weakened by the 152 CW.

Floyd took on opponents while trying to get all the advantages possible while trying to remove the opponents advantages.
                      Pac turds like to accuse Mayweather of cherry picks lets look at some of Pacquiaos wins.

Morales 2 - coming off a loss to Raheem
                      Morales 3 - coming off losses to Raheem and Pacquiao
                      Barrera 2 - coming off loss to JMM
                      ODLH - weight drained, coming off loss to Mayweather and bad performance against Forbes
                      Hatton - Got stopped by Mayweather, looked terrible against Lazcano
                      Cotto - Got destroyed against Margarito, very close fight with Clottey
                      Clottey - Coming off loss to Cotto
                      Margarito - Coming from suspension after being destroyed by Mosley
                      Mosley - Coming off a loss to Mayweather and Draw to Mora

Comment

Working...
                      X