No announcement yet.

Mental repitition,concentration, intensity, swarming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental repitition,concentration, intensity, swarming

Mental Repitition-Im at the boxing gym everyday and if im not there im at my own gym. I just hate the fact that ill practice my craft for a whole week and when it comes to sparring I just forget half of what I was doing.

Concentration- I know what im supposed to be doing(eye contact,keep chin down,move your head,use your jab etc......) but when i get tagged 3 times ill forget to do 2 to 3 things i just mentioned

Intesity: ye ill be intense at first but when i get put off balance or put in corner I tend to freeze up.****s frustrating man

swarming: ive experimented with other styles but as much as I like mayweather,hopkins etc..... I find the swarming style easiest for me. Im 5'10 and 235 pounds and just find it easier getting inside. I also found a liking to it. I enjoy watching Henry Armstrong,Joe frazier, and Roberto Duran

Im sorry Idk if im venting or asking for help but everytime this happens it immediately puts my boxing skills to question

lose the eye contact. it doesn't matter what he's looking at, it only matters what his fists are doing. whenever I found that I was working against a guy that used my eyes as a defensive gauge I always knew that I was already one step ahead of him. it's funny when you can fool a guy with your eyes, stare at his belly and punch him in the face. look at his face and punch him in his belly. like taking candy..........

with the sparring it just takes time. properly practice on the bag and in the mirror and then just keep stepping up whenever sparring is offered. things will start falling into place................ Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      lose the eye contact. it doesn't matter what he's looking at, it only matters what his fists are doing. whenever I found that I was working against a guy that used my eyes as a defensive gauge I always knew that I was already one step ahead of him. it's funny when you can fool a guy with your eyes, stare at his belly and punch him in the face. look at his face and punch him in his belly. like taking candy..........

with the sparring it just takes time. properly practice on the bag and in the mirror and then just keep stepping up whenever sparring is offered. things will start falling into place................ Rockin'
      ^^^ Gospel. Definitely do not look at the eyes. I focus on the base of the neck or upper chest. I can see everything I need to see looking there.

Lion, you sound like you still have not learned how to relax and avoid those panic reflexes. There is no magic cure for that. It just takes time and experience. Once you learn how to relax, then you can start to execute.

Comment

You're thinking too much. In sparring or any fight you can't be trying to remember the things you worked on. It should be muscle memory and you react to the things your opponent does and let things flow because the other guy is going to hit you and move and when that happens you sure as well wont be remembering ****.

If you are new you should be really working on catching or slipping the jab, breathing, and jabbing.

Comment

Ice cream is proven to increase your testicular fortitude (balls) and win. Good thankyou.

Comment

Working...
          X