Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an idea for the NSB section: Boxing Trivia Thunderdome !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an idea for the NSB section: Boxing Trivia Thunderdome !

What about a Boxing Trivia Thunderdome? The chatroom here would be the best place. Let's just say 2 friends want to compete against each other in the Trivia Thunderdome just for fun.
    Or another possible scenario: 2 Users disagree: let's say one guy says the Klitschkos are jokes and the other guy says the Klitschkos are All-Time-Greats. One guy could say: Let's settle this in the Boxing Trivia Thunderdome . -> All we need is a 3rd guy who is the referee and who has the Trivia Questions: For example "Who did Marvin Hagler face in his first unsuccessful try to win the Middleweight Championship of the World?" (Correct answer: Vito Antuofermo)
    I have Trivia Questions from today and from every other era. (Ali, Dempsey, Tyson, Holmes etc.)
    There are 2 possibilities: Either each of the opponents gets e.g. 10 Questions and at the end we see who answered more questions. (so each opponent has 10 DIFFERENT Questions).
    Or the question is posted in the chatroom (by the 3rd guy) and then the clock starts ticking (6 seconds) and whoever answers the question correctly first gets the point in that question.
    If anybody answer wrong within the time, the opponent still has the chance to answer correctly to get that point.
    I think giving more time than around 6 seconds to answer a question is wrong because people could cheat then.
    A non violent, fun way to "settle differences": To meet up in the Boxingscene Trivia Thunderdome a.k.a. the chatroom.
    I want to make a test with 2 guys today. Me and 2 test opponents will meet up in the chatroom, I will post questions and we will do a Test Trivia Thunderdome. I have around 100 good boxing history Trivia Questions (which I made myself and double checked them to make sure the answers are correct), some are easy, some are not so easy. (They are all random questions from all eras of boxing)
    Of course the 3rd guy (=referee) can be a mod, that doesn't matter really.
    If people are interested, I need 2 people who want to do the test Trivia right now, and they should just post in this thread here and say they want to participate. The first 2 who want to do it will enter the chatroom (by clicking here)
    And we will do a nice test Trivia contest right now.

Last edited by Salardo; 04-07-2013, 09:07 AM.

Nobody?
    How about my brothers from the history section: Barnburner vs Ray Corso
    or IronDanHamza vs TBear ?
    Just for ****s and giggles...

Comment

By the way, I would also participate if somebody wants to match me up against somebody else. I don't care if I win or lose, I do know that I know boxing history, but I also know that a lot of times a detail is in your head and when somebody asks you a question, you know it but you cannot say it in that moment. So you go to boxrec, look it up and say "of course I knew it". I am sure there are situations in a Boxing Trivia Contest in which you have the answer in your head, but you are not able to dig it out in that particular moment. It doesn't really matter, it is all just a game, nothing more and nothing less.
      If anybody got 20 questions (10 for me, 10 for my opponent), then I challenge IronDanHamza or JAB (the mod guy from the history section), or Ray Corso or Obama or Barnburner or WHOEVER to a Boxing Trivia challenge. Just for fun, I win or I lose, I don't care.

Comment

Anyways, can some mod please transfer this thread to the history section? Looks like it fits better in the history section.
        (And exchange the word "NSB" in the thread title with "History".)
        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X