Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Roy Jones Jr a real champion at heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Roy Jones Jr a real champion at heavyweight?

Was he a real champ or a paper champion?

I mean he beat a John Ruiz who was at the weight class for 9 + years when they ended up fighting. He beat Evander Holyfield and defended it against Kirk motha ****in Johnson. To me he was the legit WBA World Heavyweight Champion

Roy didnt make John Ruiz come down to 205 lbs or anything crazy....just saying
    Yes - Real Heavyweight Champion
    55.56%
    No - Paper Champion
    44.44%

More so then Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by NationalWriter View Post
      Was he a real champ or a paper champion?

I mean he beat a John Ruiz who was at the weight class for 9 + years when they ended up fighting. He beat Evander Holyfield and defended it against Kirk motha ****in Johnson. To me he was the legit WBA World Heavyweight Champion

Roy didnt make John Ruiz come down to 205 lbs or anything crazy....just saying
      I second this

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
        More so then Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower
          To be fair.

If we are gonna see Mayweather as Pacquiao as paper champions then we have to see Roy as one, he fought Luiz and didn't want any part of the true HW champion who was Lennox Lewis.
          Mayweather fought a champion at the respectable weight.

Pacquaio failed to do so.

How you can place them in the same pool I do not understand.

Comment

Originally posted by NationalWriter View Post
            Naw, Im just saying that. Both were legitimate title holders. HW champs, IDK...

Comment

Real champion. One of the greatest fighters I have ever seen. All those youtube videos of him just amazed me.

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
                Naw, Im just saying that. Both were legitimate title holders. HW champs, IDK...
                yea i feel ya. just surprised with Roys weak chin he wasnt kod one shot. But he probably developed his weak chin losing all that weight again

Comment

of course he was a paper champion, the obvious best in the division was Lennox Lewis.

still a very legitimate and good win for Roy. Ruiz is...not exactly amazing...but he still was a top ten heavyweight for quite a long period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
                    Mayweather fought a champion at the respectable weight.

Pacquaio failed to do so.

How you can place them in the same pool I do not understand.
                    You got a point, Mayweather did fight a respectable fighter at 154, Pacquiao fought a supposed cheater, UNRANKED, off for a while SLOW fighter like Margarito.

Comment

Working...
                    X