Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Danny Garcia get the nickname "Swift".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Windmill" was taken already?

Comment

Google that ****.

http://www.premierboxingchampions.co...y-behind-swift

Short version: Nothing to do with his boxing style, it came from a young age because the way he dressed, his style.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Not quite. Guerrero was the "Ghost" because he was gone every time the opponent went to hit him. Before he jumped two weight classes and went after Mayweather at 147, he was actually fairly quick and elusive. That weight jump was the best thing he's ever done for his bank account, and the worst for his record. His style changed entirely.

Garcia was very "swift" with the counters in his early days. I agree that he's pretty slow now and his nickname hasn't been appropriate for at least a couple years.
        Man Robert Guerrero was **** at the lower weights too. He lost to Salido and looked average versus Katsidis, Casamayor and Escobedo. I was never impressed with him. It actually surprised me when so many boxing experts picked him to beat Mayweather, including Roberto Duran and Emmanuel Steward.

Comment

Maybe its like when a big guy is called Tiny or a fat guy is called Slim.
          Danny's definitely a plodder so maybe it should have been Twinkle Toes.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            Another unfitting of Ghost is Robert Guerrero. His dad explains it's because he was so "fast".
            Guerrero was a different fighter in the lighter weights, it sort of fit then.

Guys probably pick up their nicknames in the earlier days when they're fighting lesser comp and just running through fighters.
            Last edited by Ryn0; 04-16-2016, 05:58 PM.

Comment

It had to be a joke that stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Man Robert Guerrero was **** at the lower weights too. He lost to Salido and looked average versus Katsidis, Casamayor and Escobedo. I was never impressed with him. It actually surprised me when so many boxing experts picked him to beat Mayweather, including Roberto Duran and Emmanuel Steward.
                Salido failed his drug test for that fight and I'd recommend re-watching the others.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  Name changes should be in order.

Floyd went from PBF to $ May to TBE.

One name change shouldn't break Garcia and Guerrero
                  I suggest; Robert "I'm Mexican" Guerrero.
                  And, Danny "Don't Hate Me For Winning" Garcia

Comment

Salido failed his drug test for that fight and I'd recommend re-watching the others.
                    He beat him.

And I really don't want to watch his fights against Katsidis, Escobedo and Casamayor again. He works really hard to win rounds. His fights are grueling.

Comment

Not quite. Guerrero was the "Ghost" because he was gone every time the opponent went to hit him. Before he jumped two weight classes and went after Mayweather at 147, he was actually fairly quick and elusive. That weight jump was the best thing he's ever done for his bank account, and the worst for his record. His style changed entirely.

Garcia was very "swift" with the counters in his early days. I agree that he's pretty slow now and his nickname hasn't been appropriate for at least a couple years.
                      These guys only heard of Guerrero when Floyd fought him

Comment

Working...
                      X