Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury is a 90s Hip Hop Head. Should we support him as one of our own?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury is a 90s Hip Hop Head. Should we support him as one of our own?

to all my fellow hip heads whatever part of the planet... unite! i heard fury recite biggie, nas, snoop, among other legends, and also he spit some ludacris.. the dude is a pure hip hop head so we need to support him on that basis alone! he one of our own! old school forever! go fury..

but im also down wit chisora but that mofo said in the last interview i heard that he listens to elton john??? wtf???

Does he really? War Fury.

Every time a see an interview of his I just crack up. The guy is hilarious.

Comment

One more reason to hate him

Comment

Is that all it takes to get you to support a fighter???
        It must be nice to be so easily impressed by irrelevant things like what type music a fighter listens to. Musical tastes should not be included in your assessment of a fighter's quality....unless you happen to be a 12-year-old girl.

But since you brought it up, could you seriously imagine that any of the hiphop legends you named would have supported or rooted for Tyson Fury???
        Do you really think Biggie would have been a fan of Fury???
        If you had to pick a 90's hiphop group who would have supported Fury then the obviously choice should have been House of Pain. I'm sure that even Everlast, Danny Boy, and DJ Lethal would have been able to see through Fury, but they would probably have dropped his name in a rhyme just because he's an Irishman.

But on the other hand, would it change your view of Muhammad Ali if you found out that he was a Barry Manilow fan?
        Would it diminish Mike Tyson's legacy if he had been a Barbra Streisand fan?
        Or would you call Donny Lalonde an all-time-great if he had been best friends with Big Daddy Kane?

This whole thread is silly, and I'm a bit ashamed that I was compelled to reply to it.

Comment

Hip hop--rap noise IS NOT MUSIC.

ITS IDIOTS TALKING INTO A MIC OVER A SAMPLED DRUM BEAT.

NOT MUSICIANS. SICKENING GARBAGE !!!

Fury is a pathetic boxer---awkward with little skill-- if its true he likes that worthless crap noise---i dis like him even MORE.

Comment

Originally posted by 493dart View Post
            Hip hop--rap noise IS NOT MUSIC.

ITS IDIOTS TALKING INTO A MIC OVER A SAMPLED DRUM BEAT.

NOT MUSICIANS. SICKENING GARBAGE !!!

Fury is a pathetic boxer---awkward with little skill-- if its true he likes that worthless crap noise---i dis like him even MORE.
            You're a better judge of boxers than you are of musicians. I'll give you that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
              Is that all it takes to get you to support a fighter???
              It must be nice to be so easily impressed by irrelevant things like what type music a fighter listens to. Musical tastes should not be included in your assessment of a fighter's quality....unless you happen to be a 12-year-old girl.

But since you brought it up, could you seriously imagine that any of the hiphop legends you named would have supported or rooted for Tyson Fury???
              Do you really think Biggie would have been a fan of Fury???
              If you had to pick a 90's hiphop group who would have supported Fury then the obviously choice should have been House of Pain. I'm sure that even Everlast, Danny Boy, and DJ Lethal would have been able to see through Fury, but they would probably have dropped his name in a rhyme just because he's an Irishman.

But on the other hand, would it change your view of Muhammad Ali if you found out that he was a Barry Manilow fan?
              Would it diminish Mike Tyson's legacy if he had been a Barbra Streisand fan?
              Or would you call Donny Lalonde an all-time-great if he had been best friends with Big Daddy Kane?

This whole thread is silly, and I'm a bit ashamed that I was compelled to reply to it.
              90s hip hop was a classic era in music.. like we had the golden era of jazz in the 60s, funk in 70s, electronic in 80s and hip hop in the 90s.. so for Fury to support 90s hip hop it's impressive..

and no, music isnt primary criteria i use to support boxers obviously.. fury recited lyrics randomly which jogged some memories of that era of music, and it's rare to hear these days

Comment

If Fury comes out to It Aint Hard To Tell or Gimme The Loot I might like him more.

Wlad's ring walk to Red Hot Chilli Peppers is ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                  to all my fellow hip heads whatever part of the planet... unite! i heard fury recite biggie, nas, snoop, among other legends, and also he spit some ludacris.. the dude is a pure hip hop head so we need to support him on that basis alone! he one of our own! old school forever! go fury..

but im also down wit chisora but that mofo said in the last interview i heard that he listens to elton john??? wtf???
                  You need to wash your mouth out, I want to see Chisora coming in to Benny and the Jets!!!
                  Or if he wants to compete with Audley Harissons t-shirt for weirdest ring entrance in Manchester, maybe candle in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
                    You need to wash your mouth out, I want to see Chisora coming in to Benny and the Jets!!!
                    Or if he wants to compete with Audley Harissons t-shirt for weirdest ring entrance in Manchester, maybe candle in the wind.
                    Chisora's taste in music isn't that bad, usually his ring entrance music is ok but Elton John fell off years ago man.. i mean if he talking about johns early material from 70s and 80s like benny and the jets then yeah its good but he's been making mostly garbage for 20 years now..

Comment

Working...
                    X