No announcement yet.

Berto showed heart

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berto showed heart

I see a lot of threads bashing Berto (mostly from people who overrated him in the first place) but give credit where credit is due : he showed heart. He got hurt and dropped, one eye started to swell up early on and then the other did too, but he kept fighting and landed some really big shots throughout the fight. Win or lose he's an exciting fighter and he doesn't quit, you gotta respect that.

$1.6Million? he better show heart against a blown up super featherweight

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      At least the guy fought in this weightclass once before facing Berto, unlike Lopez against the guy in your avatar.

Comment

He showed heart, but we knew he had that already. Berto literally showed nothing in the fight that we didn't already know about him. He didn't work on any of his deficiencies and probably never will. He fought how I expected him to, except for that laughable shoulder roll defense he was trying to use. Berto proved to be a front-runner who depends on his power/speed, he also had a hand in the clinch-fest, and he showed that he can be out-worked. Guerrero looked at Ortiz's performance and matched it.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 11-25-2012, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Fought his heart out. Took two warriors to make that war and Berto was a warrior tonight regardless of what people think of him.

Comment

People try to make Berto out to be a fighter with superb boxing ability when he simply has very little of it. I have no problem calling Berto a "warrior", but even then, the guy can be out-worked and out-gutted. He seems to have a lower breaking point than other "warriors".
            Last edited by kiaba360; 11-25-2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              and how much did canelo make for fighting josesito a blown up junior welter ??

Comment

yea, boxers with no heart are rare

Berto showed great heart even with 2 eyes almost closed

Comment

i think berto was surprised by guerrero's bigger chin/heart....

Comment

he would not have made it to the distance if he didnt hold so much

Comment

Working...
                    X