No announcement yet.

weighted vest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weighted vest

has anyone used a weighted vest in there training?. what are some of the benefits of using them?. thank you

ive never used a weighted vest, but i did put 5lb ankle weights around my wrists to train for basketball. doing ballhandling and dribbling drills with them were great for my handspeed, wrist strength, and reflexes in general. i never used them training for boxing, but i think they were partly responsible for the speed of my jabs and straights.

Comment

i've used the wrist weights too. they helped my hand speed also. I just want to become as fast and powerfull as possible.

Comment

but do the weighted chest vests make you faster/stronger in anyway

Comment

i think the weighted vest would help your leg power depending on the exercises you do; maybe certain plyometrics with the vest on could improve leg speed, but i think they are more effective with other forms of resistance.

Comment

thats what I was thinking. i would use them with my running and my plyometric workouts.

Comment

yeah, im about to get one too ive seen people training plyo's with them

Comment

ive used ankle weights for plyo, but a vest could obviously give more weight. the only thing id wonder about for it is if it safer on your knees to have the weight above or below them.

Comment

Originally posted by random guy
                  has anyone used a weighted vest in there training?. what are some of the benefits of using them?. thank you
                  havent tried it but i guess it will encrease your endurande as well as strengthen back, abs and leg muscles.

Spetznas have used it for years.
                  The live with it,train with it and sleeps with it.
                  and whan they finaly tkes it off they say its like flying.

dont know if its good for boxers though.

Comment

Spetznas? whats that

Comment

Working...
                    X