No announcement yet.

The UFC finally starting a sorta kinda "minor" league feeder orginization

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The UFC finally starting a sorta kinda "minor" league feeder orginization

Been thinking the UFC should do something like this to try to control some of the young talent that might be a lil too young/inexperienced for the UFC + allows them to not just cut guys from the UFC that are on the bubble.

The UFC today announced a new, live, and exclusive UFC FIGHT PASS show titled: Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series, set to launch Tuesday, July 11, 2017.

The new weekly series will feature five live fights in each episode, showcasing up-and-coming talent, as well as athletes striving to revive their professional mixed martial arts careers.

“This sport continues to get bigger all over the world, and the more fights we can put on, the more talent we can find, the better the events will be for the fans,” UFC President Dana White said. “I love looking for up-and-coming talent.

This show’s going to give us another opportunity to bring in young fighters who we think have potential to make it in the UFC or maybe even one day become world champions. It’ll also give some fighters who might be in a slump or on their way out of the organization an opportunity for that last shot. I truly can’t watch enough fights and I think our fans will love this new FIGHT PASS show.”

Scheduled to be filmed in The Ultimate Fighter gym in Las Vegas, White, alongside UFC matchmakers Sean Shelby and Mick Maynard, will be able to scout world-class talent right in the Fight Capital of the World. The Contender Series, which will be shot in front of a closed-studio audience, will serve as the ultimate vehicle to identify top prospects, and the next generation of UFC stars.
    Contender Series bouts will feature both male and female athletes and be officially regulated by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC). All 11 UFC weight classes will be considered for the show and bout results will count towards athletes’ professional records.
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ntender-series

Nice. But wasn't Invicta already a sort of minor leagues for women fighters? Nice that they'll have one for both genders and have it on Fight Pass now.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Nice. But wasn't Invicta already a sort of minor leagues for women fighters? Nice that they'll have one for both genders and have it on Fight Pass now.
      Yea there definitely is some sort of agreement between the UFC & Invicta. I'd even argue there is probably some sort of a wink wink agreement with the lesser leagues that are often featured on Fight Pass + the UFC seems to pull a decent amount of guys out of.

This is the first legit UFC official feeder league doe. Kinda looks like it could be some sorta poormans NBA D League kinda thing just maybe with more focus on guys on the way out as much as guys on the way up.

And regardless of any of that being a good idea or not, I love the idea of "almost" UFC caliber fight cards once a week. I might even have to buy fight pass finally.

Comment

The UFC is managing to stay up float all these years when im thinking thats it no more stars but they have continually made them, the way they hype each fighter up when you hear Rogan or Dana there always excited when speaking of any fighter but also they use crazy words like this has the crazy amazing cardio, heart, stand up, these fighting leagues dont have much hype you rarely hear about them, in my mind UFC roster is in a huge next level

They also take advantage of the week of fights having open workouts, meet n greets, Q&A, they also have a press conference to announce future fights there top world class fighters all together to announce the fights, even though Dana gets a lot of heat hes done a great job building this UFC to work,i bet it was tough getting all these tough fighting guys to do all this but it has worked perfectly n Dana has kept them tamed lol, everybody is fairly happy from fighters to specially fans we have gotten all the fights as an MMA fan

Also Ive always thought that the UFC should add more belts, i know that in boxing its a problem but the difference is that boxing is just some random organization trying to profit just cause we rate yall lol wtf, but UFC maybe should add regional champs like Euro champ, Americas champ, Latin Americas, this could also create the feed for this guys to work towards something n build even more excitement with the fans
        Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 05-13-2017, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
          The UFC is managing to stay up float all these years when im thinking thats it no more stars but they have continually made them, the way they hype each fighter up when you hear Rogan or Dana there always excited when speaking of any fighter but also they use crazy words like this has the crazy amazing cardio, heart, stand up, these fighting leagues dont have much hype you rarely hear about them, in my mind UFC roster is in a huge next level

They also take advantage of the week of fights having open workouts, meet n greets, Q&A, they also have a press conference to announce future fights there top world class fighters all together to announce the fights, even though Dana gets a lot of heat hes done a great job building this UFC to work,i bet it was tough getting all these tough fighting guys to do all this but it has worked perfectly n Dana has kept them tamed lol, everybody is fairly happy from fighters to specially fans we have gotten all the fights as an MMA fan

Also Ive always thought that the UFC should add more belts, i know that in boxing its a problem but the difference is that boxing is just some random organization trying to profit just cause we rate yall lol wtf, but UFC maybe should add regional champs like Euro champ, Americas champ, Latin Americas, this could also create the feed for this guys to work towards something n build even more excitement with the fans
          Agree 100% with all of this I think. The UFC does an excellent job at promoting their product & getting people hyped for events + keeping the focus on what deserves the focus more often then not.

And while I'm not a fan of multi belts I got no problem with making a hierarchy of belts that leads to one main belt (world, country/region, even state if it makes sense one day).

Comment

Working...
          X