Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berchelt Batters, Bloodies Vargas, Stops Him in the 11th Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salido ****ed up big time by trying to wait for Vargas rematch. Should of signed with Loma

Comment

Berchelt vs Miura..... Miura is the mandatory challenger to the title

Comment

Originally posted by wlad1111 View Post
        Salido ****ed up big time by trying to wait for Vargas rematch. Should of signed with Loma
        No, Vargas ****ed up by not giving Salido an immediate rematch....can't believe they didnt convince him to cash out with the rematch...the cuts from the Miura fight are career ending injuries, you just knew they would open up in every fight after that. Vargas just got a career ending beating for a fraction of the money.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          No, Vargas ****ed up by not giving Salido an immediate rematch....can't believe they didnt convince him to cash out with the rematch...the cuts from the Miura fight are career ending injuries, you just knew they would open up in every fight after that. Vargas just got a career ending beating for a fraction of the money.
          Vargas didn't hurt his rep tonight. Fans will still pay and want to see him again. Once he is healed up he can easily go right into a rematch with salido, Miura or another big fight because he is a fan favorite. As for the cuts no doubt that will be a major issue the rest of his career needs to see a surgeon to try and remove those scar tissues. But I thought gatti career was finished in 1998 because of cuts and swelling issues. He went on to fight for almost a decade longer, won another world title and gave boxing one of the greatest trilogy of all time AFTER everyone said his the end his career because of cuts and face blowing up issue.
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-29-2017, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Damn, I couldn't keep my eyes off of that tecate goddess behind Ber**** during the interview.....

Comment

Looks like he didn't cheat this time. Can't believe he was not suspended for his last fight. But no one cares unless the fighter is with Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Vargas didn't hurt his rep tonight. Fans will still pay and want to see him again. Once he is healed up he can easily go right into a rematch with salido, Miura or another big fight because he is a fan favorite. As for the cuts no doubt that will be a major issue the rest of his career needs to see a surgeon to try and remove those scar tissues. But I thought gatti career was finished in 1998 because of cuts and swelling issues. He went on to fight for almost a decade longer, won another world title and gave boxing one of the greatest trilogy of all time AFTER everyone said his the end his career because of cuts and face blowing up issue.
                He cheated his last fight and got away with it. This is what the clean version looks like under heavy testing.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  He cheated his last fight and got away with it. This is what the clean version looks like under heavy testing.
                  I wouldn't really say that. First off, he requested increased testing for that fight so there was probably more "heavy testing" in the Salido fight. And second, the "cheating" was a fat burner, nothing that would help him in a fight, just help him make weight. Also, I think his B sample came back negative on it (I don't remember exactly what happened but I'm assuming since the fight still went). This to me looked more like a guy who had been in too many wars against a fresher younger fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
                    Berchelt vs Miura..... Miura is the mandatory challenger to the title
                    Berchelt steamrolls miura. Miura should think about a long layoff or even retirement...not getting in the ring with berchelt.

Comment

I lost my shirt this week end. This only shows how quick a career can be at the higher levels. I don't blame these guys for asking millions. Vargas was a different fighter only two fights ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X