No announcement yet.

Three welterweight prospects to keep an eye on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three welterweight prospects to keep an eye on

Eimantas Stanionis, who's just signed with Schaefer and Radzhab Butaev, who's with DiBella are the first two I want to touch on. Stanionis is yet to make his pro debut but I believe he's a much bigger talent than his countryman Kavaliauskas who's a highly rated prospect (I don't think much of him personally), Butaev is already 4-0. These guys were both standout amateurs and are highly skilled.

Stanionis is an aggressive counter-puncher with a sharp solid jab, good body puncher and a good workrate. He's gonna be a problem.

Here's some footage of him:

Butaev is also an aggressive counter-puncher, he's very methodical and accurate, has good timing and a wide punch variation.

Here's video of him beating another top amateur Roniel Iglesias:

Last but not least, Mohammed Rabii. He won bronze at the Olympics earlier this year and gold at the world championships last year, beating probably the second best amateur fighter in the world atm, Daniyar Yeleussinov in the final. He's signed with Gary Hyde and gonna make his pro debut soon.

Here's video of his win over Yeleussinov:

These guys are all 22/23 and if they live up to their potential, we could be looking at future P4P fighters. They're great additions to an already stacked welterweight division, I believe they will make some real noise next year!

Stanionis looks short and thick...how long can he stay at 147?

Comment

Rashidi Ellis will be a show stopper

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
        Stanionis is the guy in red....

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          Stanionis is the guy in red....
          The guy who got knocked down and lost? Okay, just figured thread started woulda posted a fight of he won.

Comment

He's 5'8 but stocky, all 3 of these guys are solid sized welters, Rabii is 6'0

Comment

nice thread..breath of fresh air

Comment

The guy who got knocked down and lost? Okay, just figured thread started woulda posted a fight of he won.
                They've fought more than once, I posted the wrong link without watching (I've seen it before), here's the right link:

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                  Rashidi Ellis will be a show stopper
                  I haven't seen much of him tbh but I saw his KO win the other night over a very decent fighter in Eddie Gomez. I'll definitely keep an eye on him too, 147 is full of talent atm

Comment

Right, because losing against an olympic bronze medalist and the best boxer in the history of his nation is embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                    X