Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Crawford more effective at southpaw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you prepare for an orthodox boxer but face a southpaw in any given round, it is probably going to always be an advantage. I think it depends on how his opponent responds to him as an orthodox boxer as to whether or not he will even switch up.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
      He struggled immensely with Gamboa until he went southpaw. His powerhand then began to land jabs and keep teh shorter man at bay with check hooks everytime he tried anything.

It's situational.. lately he's been better as a Southpaw because his opponents have trained for the opposite.
      I totally agree

Comment

I think his vision, sense of distance, and defense are better as a southpaw. I'm not so sure about his offense, but the fact he can has a jab either way is a huge factor.

About the defense - another example of this was exemplified in the Burns fight where he took quite a few of flush, unprotected jabs in the first 3 rounds while he fought orthodox. To me he didn't have the same reaction to the jab that he did as a southpaw, and that is why I mentioned vision. After he switched, he was able to stay just outside Burns' jab and the fight changed. The Gamboa fight too as intoccabile explained..and against Beltran he spent most of his time as a southpaw.

It's not a perfect defense still, but he has options. I'll have to think about his offense but for now I'll vote 'yes'.

Comment

Doesn't matter he beats your ass with either hand.

Comment

Working...
          X