No announcement yet.

Mega Gain in Press-ups/Pull-ups

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega Gain in Press-ups/Pull-ups

PLEASE NOTE - don't stop doing your weight training etc. Do this as well!!!

PRESS-UPS

Take your maximum number of Press-ups you can do to failure (max) and times it by for. e.g. If my max is 50, the number is 200. This will be your base.

ODD DAYS

Complete the 200 in as few sets as possible (how many sets is up to your, just go with what your body tells you but keep going until you reach that number). e.g. 4 sets of 50, 10 sets of 20.

EVEN DAYS

Complete 200 Press-ups (or your magic number!). Throughout the day. Ideally this would be morning, lunchtime, evening. This is know as signalling (regularly sending signals to muscles to help them grow and improve). If time permits, do Press-ups first thing after awakening, after work and before bed.

PULL-UPS

Again find your max x4 (e.g. 5x4=20)

ODD DAYS

Do Pyramid sets. 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1.
    Do one, rest, do two, rest, three...etc. Go until you miss you (e.g. you done five but could only do four instead of six). Try 3 sets of pyramids with different grips each time (overhand, underhand, hands facing inwards).

EVEN DAYS

Same as Press-up odd days, do your maximum in as few sets as possible (e.g. 4 sets of 5).

***Perform these exercises 5 days a week as rest two. This can be any day you like really, I do it Monday to Friday. After two week review your maximums and start again. Soon you'll be able to do 80-100 Press-ups and 15-25 Pull-ups like me!!! and it makes you feel GREAT!!!

GOOD LUCK

Dan

Gd bit of info Dan, I'd be worried that this would bulk my arms up too much and I'd lose speed in punching, as you seem to be going to failure everytime.
    What have you noticed?
    Or do u hav a strict diet to go with this?

Comment

Imma give this a shot, dont know if ill go as in depth but I will definitely do the x4max bit. Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
        Gd bit of info Dan, I'd be worried that this would bulk my arms up too much and I'd lose speed in punching, as you seem to be going to failure everytime.
        What have you noticed?
        Or do u hav a strict diet to go with this?
        Well to be honest I've cut down from 86kg to 77kg (I still have a few more to loose) and I lift weight (powerlifting) twice a week as well as following the Pull/Push program five days a week. As long as you get in your roadwork 2/3 times a week and eat well you won't bulk. Hypertrpohy tends to be at 8-12 reps so you'll be working at muscular endurance for the Push-ups. As far as Pull-ups are concered, the muscles start at the strength stage (1-7 reps) and you go past that to the hypertrphy stage (8-12 reps) but soon surpass that. My diet is non-specific, just low-fat, high protein and medium-carbs. I loose about 10kg in 6-8 weeks. I also eat about 8 pieces of fruit a day:

Breakfast: Whey Protein Shake or 3 eggs and jam on wholewheat toast

Mid-Morning: Tin of Mackeriel

Lunch: Chicken and Jacket Potatoe with Salad

Mid-Afternoon: Low-Fat Greek Yoghart and 2 Wholewheat Rice Crackers

Pre/Post-Workout: Whey Protein Shake/Banana/Gatorade

Dinner: Chicken and Sweet Potatoe or Steak/Veg

Optional: Cottage Cheese before bed/ZMA

Comment

Working...
        X