Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far back does your interest in boxing history go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Indeed. You can spot the noobs a mile off that start talking legacy as soon as a fighter has one fight or like saying Canelo is an ATG and things of that ilk. The bar is a lot lower today and the fanbase is a lot dumber yet they act like they know more but only care about current. Mcdonalds said Canelo is an ATG and he tried to tell me Jose Napoles was some average "40's fighter" LOL.
    thing that bothers me so much about the "new breed" is how important the 0 is. They care more about who is the A side, the negotiations, the 0...I don't care. i want the best to fight the best. People today look at Duran's record and don't put him on their lists because of the L's but Duran fought the best, and went Bantamweight to Lightheavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      I love the rich history, I love how it's a sport where I can just randomly discover a fighter that I had no idea existed from almost any point and read about them, watch them...hell, even now. I had no idea who Emanuel Navarrete was, and as a Dogbae fan I had been looking forward to a fight that truly surprised me. I can't think of any other sport where that can happen.
      ^^^^ This

Comment

What an embarrassingly elitist, hipster topic.

49ers fans who spend the weekend watching videos of old games from back when John Brodie was quarterback aren't better fans than people that started watching the team recently, they're just fucking weirdos.

Same applies to boxing.

You're not a real boxing fan unless you're into studying cave paintings of aborigines throwing down in hand to hand combat. Boxing didn't just start with the advent of the motion picture, you n00bs.

Comment

Indeed. You can spot the noobs a mile off that start talking legacy as soon as a fighter has one fight or like saying Canelo is an ATG and things of that ilk. The bar is a lot lower today and the fanbase is a lot dumber yet they act like they know more but only care about current. Mcdonalds said Canelo is an ATG and he tried to tell me Jose Napoles was some average "40's fighter" LOL.
          Some guy named nipples is supposedly better than canelo???

Lmao

Comment

Boxing has always been watched in my family.

My earliest memories of boxing are when I was a very young boy, my grandmother would baby sit me in the weekends, she and my quadriplegic uncle would place 50 cent bets for each fight. Low level fights on free TV. Good ol days.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
              Some guy named nipples is supposedly better than canelo???

Lmao
              You've never even heard of him much less watch him. You are a boxrec jockey.

Be honest when did you first start liking the sport? Also how far back are you interested in the sport? Yet you think you're most qualified to discuss history yet you don't even know or care about it. LOL

Comment

You've never even heard of him much less watch him. You are a boxrec jockey.

Be honest when did you first start liking the sport? Also how far back are you interested in the sport? Yet you think you're most qualified to discuss history yet you don't even know or care about it. LOL
                Sorry, I don't spend my time watching inferior fighters from the 30's. I doubt you do either, you just name drop them to appear knowledgeable.

Canelo would KO nipples

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                  Sorry, I don't spend my time watching inferior fighters from the 30's. I doubt you do either, you just name drop them to appear knowledgeable.

Canelo would KO nipples

Spoken like a true noob. You are a casual. No harm in that you fit in on this site.

You only watch Mayweather, Canelo, Golovkin and Pacquaio and pretend you watch Loma, Davis, Crawford etc; to appear that you are a fan of the sport. You’re not and you don’t.
                  Last edited by chrisJS; 12-21-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I feel like if someone acknowledges how good the fighters from the 20-50s were they know about boxing. But unfortunately some ppl think mayweather is the greatest of all time. Which is funny.

Comment

Spoken like a true noob. You are a casual. No harm in that you fit in on this site.
                      Why watch those guys from the 40's when you can watch people who are better?

I only observe the creme de la creme
                      Last edited by mcdonalds; 12-21-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X